RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: What is J-Wrap?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What is J-Wrap?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/22 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

Very nice looking coach Joe! Problem is, it's so shined, that it is difficult to see the J-panel.

I agree, as to replacement, just seems a slight adjustment of existing, already painted J, to allow proper closure, would be less invasive than replacement.

Jerry

It is hard to "DULL" my coach.... I get all twitchy when its dirty... I start talking to myself... pacing back and forth.. so on..

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/22 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

MFL wrote:

Very nice looking coach Joe! Problem is, it's so shined, that it is difficult to see the J-panel.

I agree, as to replacement, just seems a slight adjustment of existing, already painted J, to allow proper closure, would be less invasive than replacement.

Jerry

It is hard to "DULL" my coach.... I get all twitchy when its dirty... I start talking to myself... pacing back and forth.. so on..

You need something to do mine needs a good scrubbing.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/22 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

MFL wrote:

Jerry

You need something to do mine needs a good scrubbing.

WRONG COAST ! !

Hey OP.... How did you make out getting the J wrap?? any news yet?

Mondooker

Florida Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/22 05:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m happy to say the manufacturer is taking the Coach back for them to fix. I told them I had no confidence in the dealer after all this time. Now I think I’ll get things done!

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/22 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like best option, glad they stepped up! Hope you get it back ready to go, and many enjoyable camps to follow.

Jerry

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/22 06:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mondooker wrote:

I’m happy to say the manufacturer is taking the Coach back for them to fix. I told them I had no confidence in the dealer after all this time. Now I think I’ll get things done!

Well, That does sound like a good conclusion to an issue.... hopefully you can get it picked up, delivered to the factory, fixed and returned to you in a timely manner..

Joe

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/22 11:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I assume you have the River Ranch model. I looked at the J wrap. The J wrap is 2 piece on the Pass side. Junction in front of the entry door about 8 inches. No pics available on the Drivers side. But, there will be NO 1 piece on a J wrap and depending on the slides 4 or 5, J wraps. They come painted. So, I would fault the dealer for this problem. They are incompetent, parts and service. So, YES, let Forest River take it back to Elkhart and fix it, which they will also probably fix all your other issues. I would highly advise you to make arrangements to drive to Elkhart and pick up the unit when it is completed. Just because the Factory will be doing the repairs does NOT mean they will do ALL repairs needed and will do the repairs to your satisfaction. BEING there and going over the repair list will prevent headaches if the unit comes back with problems not addressed. If you cannot get the time to drive to pick it up then you will have to trust FR to get all items repaired. I always advise customers that have transported Factory repairs to get a actual person at the Factory Service Center, for their Name and number. I also tell the customer to make their OWN list with pics and send direct to the Factory Service Ceneter, so there are no misunderstandings of what needs to be repaired. Doug

Mondooker

Florida Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/22 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi guys and thanks for your response. Doug, do you have any idea of what the dealer could have done to cause this problem on both sides of the Coach. The J-Wrap was fine when I was there for the PDI. Five days later the J-Wrap was so bad that the dealer service tech said he could see it all the way across the service center.

I was told the J-Wrap on both sides runs the entire length of the Coach. That’s isn’t true?There are certainly no seams shown!.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/22 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The J wrap will move with the slides, so pieced there for sure, can't just run the length.

Jerry

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/22 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mondooker wrote:

Hi guys and thanks for your response. Doug, do you have any idea of what the dealer could have done to cause this problem on both sides of the Coach. The J-Wrap was fine when I was there for the PDI. Five days later the J-Wrap was so bad that the dealer service tech said he could see it all the way across the service center.

I was told the J-Wrap on both sides runs the entire length of the Coach. That’s isn’t true?There are certainly no seams shown!.

I can guarantee the PASS side is seamed. How do I know? Well I have replaced this type metal for 40 years as an RV tech. Also, I went to the FR website showing your RV. It shows that splice in front of the entry door. Doug

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What is J-Wrap?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.