RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Whaddaya gonna do?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Whaddaya gonna do?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/22 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't even look at the price. If I want to go I got to buy fuel and I am rolling out in 2 days. I worked hard to have enough to play now and I intend to play. Every thing I have is paid for, everything!

CarnationSailor

Cathedral City, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/22 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I don't even look at the price. If I want to go I got to buy fuel and I am rolling out in 2 days. I worked hard to have enough to play now and I intend to play. Every thing I have is paid for, everything!

X2

2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Old Days

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/22 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same here we are traveling this summer,booked our campsites 6 months out. My truck gets 9 miles to the gallon pulling the trailer so its going to hurt filling up but you can't take it with you so enjoy.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/22 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only 1% of US oil imports are from Russia, so the ban is more symbolic than effective. You won't see any supply disruptions due to that.

The direct economic effect, however, is another matter. The price rises you are seeing are due to market panic and oil company greed. It is worth noting that oil company profits are at record levels. THEY aren't hurting one bit, WE are. Robert Reich has pointed to the approach the Europeans seem to be taking: impose a windfall profits tax on the oil companies. They want to price gouge? Fine, they can fork over all that extra money to the government and do their share helping pay off the national debt. Done right, it would remove their incentive to jack those prices up sky high on the rest of us.

As for our travel pans this year, yeah, $4+ diesel fuel prices are going to hurt. That makes leaving the TT home and staying at motels more attractive. I get 14 mpg towing and 28 mpg without the trailer. On a 400 mile day's drive, that's $64 extra dollars in fuel (give or take a bit). That atop a campground fee makes a guy think about the options.

But we are planning on going . . .

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/22 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Imagine being a trucker......a buck and a half a mile for fuel and DEF alone.

ItsyRV

Lost on the Blue Ridge Parkway

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/22 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just look at it this way: You're not spending your money, you're spending your heirs money.

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/22 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At this point I expect no significant supply disruptions.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/22 05:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CarnationSailor wrote:

ferndaleflyer wrote:

X2

X3. That being said, I tell DW “we have money for anything we want but not for everything we want”.

Seriously gas prices now just have to be folded into our priority mix just like everything else. In my 76 yr life experience I have found our #1&2 priority’s get funded, lower than that maybe not.

Our priority list shifted last Dec when we decided we had see all fifty states to our satisfaction and sold our motorhome. Now international travel is more our thing. We all have different and changing priorities as we go thru life.

George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/22 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is SNAFU. 20 & 21 it was Covid. Now Ukraine. Down here on the farm, what can we do? About the best we can do is carry on as best we can normally.

You might want to adopt the fuel strategy of driving in the north where fuel stations are few & far between & not guaranteed to be open. Drive on the top half of your tank. When you get to half fill up at the next available supply.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/22 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only supply disruptions are a result of PANIC buying, just like toilet paper at the start of COVID.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Whaddaya gonna do?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.