|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Delivery on new F350

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/22 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Wonder how much of the supply chain issues were and are caused by semi trucker blockades

Links below are just a few that touches on that topic...

Feb 11, 2022,10:22am EST|6,727 views Sup........ld Worsen If Truckers’ Protests Continue

Canadian trucker protest at Ambassador B........gile supply chain updated: Feb. 09, 2022

Canada Protests: A New Blockade Threatens Supply Chain for Carmakers

The ‘Freedom Convoy’ trucker protests ha........ need to know Published Thu, Feb 17 2022

Plus wonder if the DC blockade will exacerbate the Supply Chain issue(s)...and...news articles says many RVers are joining in that blockade...but it didn't happen and guessing LEO's figured a way to foil them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article........s-way-Washington-DC-trucker-protest.html

Vehicle shortage issues started way before the trucker protests. I ordered a Ford Transit Van for work over a year ago and still don't know when it will arrive.

The DC truck protest won't help the supply chain crisis, of course, but out of a couple million trucks on the road nationwide, one or two thousand trucks in a convoy in DC aren't going to really affect it much either.

SLE

ND

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/22 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This isn't a new issue and it's a problem for pretty much all of the brand. I ordered my 2021 F150 on Dec 2nd 2020 and took delivery mid July 2021!

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/22 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blueovalforums dot com has a 300 page thread on people waiting for superdutys.

MFG are having problem getting parts, and suppliers are having an additional problem getting employees.

Compounded with shipping delays, both overseas and domestic.

I manage prototype product builds at an OEM. It used to be, I could have a box shipped overseas in literally a day. Pulling out all the stops now, an emergency shipment can take a week or longer. Sending stuff to and from Europe without priority, expect 2 weeks for Europe, 4 weeks for China

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/22 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll add one more caveat, Ford dealers have access to current restrictions to build, and the list keeps getting longer. Adaptive steering was the first one to show up. I deleted that from my build. Apparently spray liner, 5th wheel pucks, and some others are showing up for retail orders. They are not available at all for dealer stock orders.

Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/22 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As of now, ordering a new Superduty you will have limited options available no matter what trim level you order. Upfitter switches, adaptive steering, adaptive cruise, engine block heater, 5th wheel prep, rapid heat are just some of the options not available to order now. They have even taken them off of the build your own site.

2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

MNRon

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/22 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP here. Guess I just needed to complain a little [emoticon] I got a call this morning from the dealership and am picking up my 2022 F350 this afternoon; a week over 4 months from when we ordered it.

Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/22 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/27293........-chips-global-chip-shortage-continue.htm

Ford has decided to sell and ship vehicles without the chips that power non-safety features. The automaker will instead send the chips a year later to the dealers for installation after a vehicle is purchased

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Travlingman

Jonesborough, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/22 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/27293........-chips-global-chip-shortage-continue.htm

Ford has decided to sell and ship vehicles without the chips that power non-safety features. The automaker will instead send the chips a year later to the dealers for installation after a vehicle is purchased

Think GM started this last year.

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/22 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNRon wrote:

I got a call this morning from the dealership and am picking up my 2022 F350 this afternoon...

Post some pics when you get it!

What color did you get?

Bob

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/22 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNRon wrote:

OP here. Guess I just needed to complain a little [emoticon] I got a call this morning from the dealership and am picking up my 2022 F350 this afternoon; a week over 4 months from when we ordered it.
Back in 2001 when all was normal I waited three months. Four does not seem bad at all. Shipping delay was probably just lack of updating the progress.
Enjoy the new truck! Post a pic or it did not happen [emoticon]

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Delivery on new F350
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.