RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Canadian Snowbirds heading home-Antigen Rapid Tests required

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

 > Canadian Snowbirds heading home-Antigen Rapid Tests required

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Canuck Travellers

123 street

Senior Member

Joined: 10/13/2002

View Profile



Posted: 03/14/22 05:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silversand wrote:

Moisheh wrote:

Tourism in Canada is only 1/3 of pre covid. The rapid test requirement serves no purpose but is killing tourism and hassling Canadians``


....Moisheh. We just completed the ArriveCAN online version. We are heading back to Canada later in March. Very interesting experience. Absolutely HORRIBLE experience. Maybe the phone app is more intuitive? If I was a US visitor to Canada, I would avoid Canada at all costs. Extremely frustrating. We could not get a confirm that we had uploaded our vaccination documents into ArriveCAN !

I have been getting reports from Canadians driving back across the border from the US, saying that Canadian Customs does not even care about ArriveCAN; the border agents are ONLY asking for your "proof of negative test" on your phone screen. What does that tell you about the efficacy of this screening process? It is a CATASTROPHE. That's what.



Canada better pull this disastrous ArriveCAN process.

I will report exactly what transpires as/after we cross back.

Update: ........finally, my wife managed to get our proof of registration that we ARE ARRIVING at the border, and we meet the criteria. This, after 1 hour and 20 minutes putzing around with the **** online version.


Thanks very much for this,I am sending all these posts to my MP in hopes that he can raise some interest with the Federal powers to be to change this horrid practice, he said he's working on it, any relevant posts PLEASE put them on here, this foolishness has got to be stopped!


2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.

lbrjet

Gold Canyon, AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 09/20/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/14/22 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

silversand wrote:

Look to Denmark for sane policy at this stage in the pandemic.


Denmark might not be the best place to use as an example when it comes to COVID policy.

On October 31st they had a daily case count of 1,500 new cases.

Shortly thereafter they dropped the Vax passport and a host of other restrictions.

By January 29th they had a daily case count of over 41,000 new cases.


And your point? New York state ADDED many restrictions and still got the same outcome. Oct 31 2,907 cases. Jan 8th 79,777 cases. Almost exactly the same increase.


2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

moisheh

North America

Senior Member

Joined: 05/04/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/15/22 06:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Silversand. I really think that the only reason this testing fiasco has not been killed is politics. Our leader( no caps intentional) wants to control everything. Did you have any trouble getting a test that would still be valid when you crossed?

pawatt

Brainerd MN / Palmview TX

Moderator

Joined: 01/19/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/15/22 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please try to keep politics out of this as it is a violation of forum rules.
Thank You.

joebedford

Made It!

Senior Member

Joined: 09/03/2003

View Profile



Posted: 03/15/22 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn't leave Canada the last two winters. I had no trouble getting back in.

Canuck Travellers

123 street

Senior Member

Joined: 10/13/2002

View Profile



Posted: 03/15/22 09:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joebedford wrote:

I didn't leave Canada the last two winters. I had no trouble getting back in.


Neither did I but When I do I don't want any silly unnecessary rules returning and also want to make it easier for my USA neighbour's to come here, spend their money and spread some of their wealth and not turn them away with unnecessary rules.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/18/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/15/22 12:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The time to slam the border shut was 2 years ago. We didn't.

Bureaucracies are dinosaurs. The head makes a decision and it takes months for sensible charges to be made.


Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

joebedford

Made It!

Senior Member

Joined: 09/03/2003

View Profile



Posted: 03/15/22 04:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

The time to slam the border shut was 2 years ago. We didn't.
I think the soon to be here peak of BA.2 will justify the border being shut. Hopefully it will pass by winter and I won't have to miss a third snowbirding trip.

Canuck Travellers

123 street

Senior Member

Joined: 10/13/2002

View Profile



Posted: 03/15/22 05:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joebedford wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

The time to slam the border shut was 2 years ago. We didn't.
I think the soon to be here peak of BA.2 will justify the border being shut. Hopefully it will pass by winter and I won't have to miss a third snowbirding trip.


Not to worry....
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/15/is-omicron-subvariant-bapoint2-to-blame-for-rising-covid-cases.html

Dr. Andrew Freedman, an academic covering infectious disease at Cardiff Medical School, told CNBC he doesn’t think we need to be too concerned about BA.2, despite the fact that it is slightly more contagious.

“I suspect the rising number of cases is related to several factors including BA.2, the relaxation of restrictions and more social mixing, less mask wearing and some waning of immunity from both previous infections and vaccination, especially in those who received boosters early on,” he said.

“There has been an upturn in hospital admissions testing positive for Covid in the U.K., but many of these are incidental and there has not been a parallel increase in deaths.”

For further that cases are dropping check the World Coronavirus Site....

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Go to Florida, look at the number of cases for a state of 21.6 million population, latest numbers are for 3 day moving average are 898, pretty small for their population, look at USA number of new cases; 18,714, now look at Canada's new cases, they are number 31 and their cases are;3,057.

Roughly the USA is 10 times the population so it should be 30,057 (3,057 X 10) but it's only 18,714.

So according to the latest numbers the USA is doing better than Canada. Of course that's not the way it was in the past two years but now if one can take the official COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer data its much safer there than in Canada....check it out!

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

Senior Member

Joined: 08/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/15/22 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Canuck Travellers wrote:

joebedford wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

The time to slam the border shut was 2 years ago. We didn't.
I think the soon to be here peak of BA.2 will justify the border being shut. Hopefully it will pass by winter and I won't have to miss a third snowbirding trip.


Not to worry....
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/15/is-omicron-subvariant-bapoint2-to-blame-for-rising-covid-cases.html

Dr. Andrew Freedman, an academic covering infectious disease at Cardiff Medical School, told CNBC he doesn’t think we need to be too concerned about BA.2, despite the fact that it is slightly more contagious.

“I suspect the rising number of cases is related to several factors including BA.2, the relaxation of restrictions and more social mixing, less mask wearing and some waning of immunity from both previous infections and vaccination, especially in those who received boosters early on,” he said.

“There has been an upturn in hospital admissions testing positive for Covid in the U.K., but many of these are incidental and there has not been a parallel increase in deaths.”

For further that cases are dropping check the World Coronavirus Site....

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Go to Florida, look at the number of cases for a state of 21.6 million population, latest numbers are for 3 day moving average are 898, pretty small for their population, look at USA number of new cases; 18,714, now look at Canada's new cases, they are number 31 and their cases are;3,057.

Roughly the USA is 10 times the population so it should be 30,057 (3,057 X 10) but it's only 18,714.

So according to the latest numbers the USA is doing better than Canada. Of course that's not the way it was in the past two years but now if one can take the official COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer data its much safer there than in Canada....check it out!


I’m not sure where you’re getting your numbers from, but they seem a little off.

The NY Times reported the national US count as 49,042 new cases on the 14th, not 18,714.

The Canadian number is 4,079 for the 14th of March.

Canada has 11.4% of the population, so that would be 5,590 cases comparatively. Instead irs 27% lower than that.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

 > Canadian Snowbirds heading home-Antigen Rapid Tests required
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.