|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RVing in 2022

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/22 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarabooBob wrote:

We are getting ready to leave for a month long trip through Utah, Arizona and points beyond in under 2 weeks. My wife asked if we were still going with the gas prices being what they are. I told her that it only adds a couple of hundred dollars to the trip. If I can't afford that, it is time to hand up the truck keys and sell the TT.

Exactly.

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/22 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

I was checking prices on Gas Buddy yesterday for the Bushnell, FL area. Most stations were in the $4.19-$4.29 range for regular, but checking again this morning most of the same stations are down to $3.91-$3.99.

Wish we would see those prices again - that's not even an increase from last year out west...

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/22 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In VA the prices dropped from 4.55 to 4.29 in the last few days. Diesel was $5.99 and now into the low to mid $5 range. Found that our fuel discount plan, TSD, dropped T/A $5.40 advertised on the sign to $4.60.

* This post was edited 03/21/22 01:06pm by LouLawrence *

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/22 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We moved to a state park near St Marys, GA today, and most of the gas prices we saw here were $3.83 or $3.86.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/22 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many times in life it seems like my timing is off. One example, the US government raised the lifetime senior park pass price from $10 to $100 just before I qualified. But with gas prices going to all time highs and maybe beyond, this time I feel like my timing was right.

I had dreamed about trying full time life in an RV for about 10 years. In 2020 after retiring I finally pulled the trigger. I bought a nice new Winnebago motorhome and I travelled around Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas for 11 months. We spent the summer in Arkansas and the winter in South Texas.

Then in Feb 2021 I decided to put the RV plans on hold and I sold the RV to a dealer. Including sales tax I probably lost about $10,000 on an $80,000 motorhome. I had no problem with that. I spent about the same living in it for 11 months as I would have renting an apartment in Dallas.

I have a lot of good memories and sometimes I think I want to try it again, but not yet. I was hurting when I filled it up at $1.89 a gallon back in 2020. Now with gas prices more than double I am so glad I got out when I did. Someday maybe I'll do it again. But for now I'm comfortable in the old 'sticks and bricks'.

I saw this story today. Maybe someone else has already posted it. A man filled up his converted bus for a cross country trip and he spent $944 at the pump.

RV Gas Price Shock

* This post was edited 03/22/22 10:35am by DallasSteve *

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/22 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm more worried about getting fresh produce and groceries than I am about buying fuel. Hasn't happened here yet but friends in MD and PA are saying grocery store shelves are half empty. They said trucks just aren't showing up and when they do, they're not full.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Thunder Mountain

Lost in the Four Corners

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/22 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like many of you, we live on a fixed income. I'm not poor mouthing, but we are feeling the increase in prices on everything. Our pockets don't reach down to our knees. We are vacillating on canceling our two week trip in April to save money for a 3 1/2 month trip north to escape the heat in AZ. We would save about $1700. That would give us a fuel pad up to about $6 per gallon for summer. If diesel hits $6.50-7.00 by summer, we might have to reconsider our plans.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/22 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would encourage everyone to travel if they possibly can. We have reached the age where health problems prevent us from using the motor home much and I regret not using it more when we were still able. I regret more what I haven't done than what I have!!! Money is something that you can't take with you when your life is over.

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/22 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pulled in for a bit over 1/2 a tank of fuel.

[image]

After the TSD discount the final cost was actually $584.50 but that still stings. Won't stop my travels but dang!

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/22 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

olfarmer wrote:

I would encourage everyone to travel if they possibly can. We have reached the age where health problems prevent us from using the motor home much and I regret not using it more when we were still able. I regret more what I haven't done than what I have!!! Money is something that you can't take with you when your life is over.

my mom would often say "you will get a nice inheritance" my response "if you EVER decide NOT to do something because you want to leave the money to me, I'll be VERY mad. Do what YOU want, if there is anything left, fine but you don't OWE us ANYTHING, you raised us fine"

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RVing in 2022
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.