|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Rear/ bunk ladder

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/22 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. I'm intrigued by the manual stating "Be sure that metal safety catch and bunk hooks face toward the motor home." I guess it's possible that the top half of the removeable exterior ladder is also used for the interior bunk ladder, though I've never actually seen that done. Would definitely like to see actual pics of the OP's ladder.

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/22 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Simple solution, leave the 32 year old ladder attached where it is, and not risk breaking your roof ladder, and spend $50-75 on a step stool or bunk ladder, or build one one for a bit less (or free, if you have any scrap lumber laying around)

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/22 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Simple solution, leave the 32 year old ladder attached where it is, and not risk breaking your roof ladder, and spend $50-75 on a step stool or bunk ladder, or build one one for a bit less (or free, if you have any scrap lumber laying around)
Agreed, although I'd still like to see a pic of the OP's ladder[emoticon]

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

GoingCrazyInCali wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

Can you post a Pic? I have 43 years as a RV tech and I have NEVER! seen a inside bunk ladder ever attached to the exterior roof top ladder from the factory. It is possible that in 30 years, a previous owner attached that ladder to free up space. Doug

I will get an actual picture of the ladder as soon as I can, but for now, here is a page from the owners manual explaining how to put up the rear ladder.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/864006/Fleetwood-Tioga-Montara-1994.html?page=22

You are comparing apples and oranges. YOU stated Bunk Ladder on rear exterior roof ladder. The link shows when the RV has a removable exterior ladder that is stored INSIDE the storage and then is installed on the exterior mounts. AND you have a 4 year older RV than the manual you stated. Bunk Ladders are usually short straight ladders that help get into the front overhead bed above the drivers seats. THAT type ladder is normally stored by lifting up that bunk mattress and laying underneath it. Doug

Doug, I owned a 91 Tioga and the OP has the definition of the ladder correct. It was the top of the line Tioga only. The ladder comes apart, via custom pipe couplers, in two pieces. When assembled it functions as a rear coach ladder and when separated the top piece functions as a front bunk ladder and the bottom piece stores in the passengers side, rear compartment. It was a very unique design and I've not seen it on other brands.
The coach probably looks like THIS.
Richard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Rear/ bunk ladder
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.