|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> On the road observations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Caveman Charlie

Storden, MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/22 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

ken56 wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Nobody is slowing down on the freeways.

It does save gas. My trip down to lake Oconee I did 60-65 where I could. Made it on one tank, about 30 gallons worth. On the way back I did 55 mostly. Same route and nothing different but the speed. There was about 3-4 gallons difference. Yep, not that much savings but just proof it does save gas. Not very scientific but just my observation.

Yes, it certainly does save gas, but please don't drive 55 on an interstate where the flow of traffic is at 70+. Don't become a hazard. Do what we do, and stick with the scenic, and slower, US and state highways. It becomes a win-win.

Thank You. I agree. If you want to go slow take the back roads and enjoy the scenery.

1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Wade44

Ohio Farm Country

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/22 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Everywhere but the east coast. Guessing thats because all the RV's are made in Indiana. I drive by a dealer that carries Grand Design and Jayco and a couple other brands. The lot is packed to the gills. But if you go online and look at new inventory they have very little. They have a few of some models but not the normal stock amount. Same with the other dealers in my area. If you pick a brand and model and scroll down the online list most only have a few in stock with the rest on order. Even the big CW dealer 70 miles south is low on lot stock.

The RV Industry is going to ride the golden goose as long as they can and the propaganda arm the RVIA with the rag they promote, RV business, in conjunction with the GoRVing campaign, are going to sugar coat it as long as possible. The sheet is hitting the fan and the crash is coming folks. I was through Goshen and Elkhart two weeks ago. The storage lots and fields out there are packed more than I've ever seen. RV shortage my rear end. What they're going to have is a buyer shortage and that will be a good thing.

2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

Mich F

Plantation, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/22 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wade44 wrote:

The RV Industry is going to ride the golden goose as long as they can and the propaganda arm the RVIA with the rag they promote, RV business, in conjunction with the GoRVing campaign, are going to sugar coat it as long as possible. The sheet is hitting the fan and the crash is coming folks. I was through Goshen and Elkhart two weeks ago. The storage lots and fields out there are packed more than I've ever seen. RV shortage my rear end. What they're going to have is a buyer shortage and that will be a good thing.

Winnebago says they have over $4 billion in order backlogs. Thor said a while back they had over $18 billion in order backlogs. Perhaps those full lots you're seeing have vehicles that are waiting for missing items or waiting for drivers to deliver or ??

2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Wade44

Ohio Farm Country

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/22 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mich F wrote:

Winnebago says they have over $4 billion in order backlogs. Thor said a while back they had over $18 billion in order backlogs. Perhaps those full lots you're seeing have vehicles that are waiting for missing items or waiting for drivers to deliver or ??

Fair enough, Anyone can say anything. We also have prisons full of people who say they're innocent. You can not have 40% increases in energy costs, caused by almost instant inflation no one has seen in 40 years, without a huge switch getting thrown to the off position somewhere. A lot of younger folks have not seen inflation amounting to anything since they've been on the planet. It's going to be a huge eye opener come about mid summer.

* This post was edited 03/31/22 02:48am by Wade44 *

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/22 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The local lots full of every kind of RV are not already sold. They are waiting for the next fish to swim in. As I have said before I have been all over the East and the lots are full.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/22 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

The local lots full of every kind of RV are not already sold. They are waiting for the next fish to swim in. As I have said before I have been all over the East and the lots are full.

As I said come out west.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/22 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Returning from Florida last week it seemed to me that the lots, while looking full, appeared to have an over-abundance of trailers as compared to Class A, B, C or DP's or even fifth wheels. One of the big dealers had 5 Class B units, but most of the rest were lucky to have 1 or maybe 2.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Planeteer

N. IN

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/22 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wade44 wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

Everywhere but the east coast. Guessing thats because all the RV's are made in Indiana. I drive by a dealer that carries Grand Design and Jayco and a couple other brands. The lot is packed to the gills. But if you go online and look at new inventory they have very little. They have a few of some models but not the normal stock amount. Same with the other dealers in my area. If you pick a brand and model and scroll down the online list most only have a few in stock with the rest on order. Even the big CW dealer 70 miles south is low on lot stock.

We bought a brand new TT in Elkhart last year. I called ahead and they had the model we wanted sitting on their lot. We drove there, inspected it, and said "We'll take it".
The dealer said, "sorry but this one is sold and going to California in 2 days."
I pulled out cash, full price, and he still would not take it.
A couple days later the dealer called and said they received another TT, same model, and would deliver it to me if I wanted it. The nice thing was that the new TT had some upgrades over the first one we looked at.

edit: My point is that plenty of RV transport companies are hiring in my area. But I do agree, that propaganda arm is strong!

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/22 05:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please share with us the gasser that gets 15mpg towing and what it was towing.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/22 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

but please don't drive 55 on an interstate where the flow of traffic is at 70+.
Traffic flows around me and the trucks (in the right lane) just fine. No way I'm towing at 70+.

Then I again emphasize, enjoy the US highways and state highways. You may think they "flow" around you --- they might just be 'avoiding' you, employing fortunate maneuvers.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> On the road observations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.