|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Flying J / RV Lanes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/22 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've yet to find a Flying J RV lane that was difficult to access or exit with our 55 ft motorhome and toad in many years of using them. Not all Flying J's have dedicated RV lanes though, in part because some stations are independent retailers, and also some are former Pilot stations that became Flying J's as part of the PFJ merger just as some Flying J's became Pilots complete with RV lanes. Some stations were sold to Loves as part of the FTC approval process as well, and may still have RV lanes.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Thom02099

Loveland,CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/22 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You mentioned in your post that you will be visiting Rocky Mountain National Park. Just a heads up, there are no Flying J stations in the northern Colorado area that I'm aware of. Closest will be a Flying J and a Pilot in Cheyenne, WY near the I-25/I-80 interchange, or in the Denver/Aurora area off I-70.

There's Johnson's Corners Truck Stop in Loveland, south of I-25/US 34 interchange that is set up for RVs. There's also a Sam's Club on US 34 (Eisenhower Blvd), that's fairly easy to get in/out of. In Estes Park, if I need fuel I always use the Conoco station at the Country Market at Mary's Lake Rd and Moraine Ave. Easy in/out, but it can be a busy intersection. There's also a Shell station and a Safeway Fuel station on US 34 (Big Thompson Ave) as you're coming in to the business section of Estes Park on the north side of the street -- easy in/out for either. Both are next to each other by the Safeway and the intersection with US 36. Expect resort type prices in Estes Park.

2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

lane hog

Tucson, AZ & NW Chicago Burbs, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/22 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used Flying J quite a bit early on, but stopped when they dropped the discount club.

Any big gas station should be usable with a 30' trailer. Some of the smaller gas stations work even better if the pumps are parallel to the road.

By all means, scout it out via Google Maps in the satellite view first. That alone has saved me from some ugly back-up moves. When we had our motorhome pulling our van, backing up simply wasn't an option...

• 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/22 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thom02099 wrote:

You mentioned in your post that you will be visiting Rocky Mountain National Park. Just a heads up, there are no Flying J stations in the northern Colorado area that I'm aware of. Closest will be a Flying J and a Pilot in Cheyenne, WY near the I-25/I-80 interchange, or in the Denver/Aurora area off I-70. ..

the Pilot in Cheyenne has two long-vehicle fuel lanes off to the right of the auto pumps. EZ out as well. we fueled up there last august in our 40' class a + suv toad.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

JCK

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I had my gas truck I would use google earth and look down on the stations and look for stations that sat on corners where you use the end pumps. Pull in use end pump pull straight ahead and go out other entrance. Not needing to go by the front of the store. He will get to the point as he drives by them what to look for.
Jeff

2019 GMC Denali 2500 Duramax
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2500 RL

texacokat

Naperville, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/22 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Plus if you are a Good Sam member, you get 5 cents off.

I just mark on my map when we find the RV lanes. Hubby hates gas stations and loves the RV lanes!

Kathy & Scott
2018 Ford F-150 XLT
2018 Forest River Wildwood 27rks

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 28 foot TT fit nicely in all the gas lanes everywhere. Just lucky I guess

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I try to avoid those truck stops just because of the high prices. 2 years ago in GA I pulled into a Loves and checked my gas buddy and 1/2 mile away I got diesel for $1.00 a gal cheaper. My DP and trailer were right at 73ft long and there was plenty of room. Saved $90.00 Its really a good idea to learn to jockey your rig around.

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/22 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like the Flying J RV lanes too. They have a phone app which shows every station and which ones have RV lanes. If you have Good Sam or Flying J card,you get 5 cents of gas or 8 cents off diesel. Once you get off the interstates there are no Flying J's. That's one reason I got a diesel with an auxilary tank. Now I can use truck stops.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Flying J / RV Lanes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.