RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What is happening with our members?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What is happening with our members?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Durb wrote:

I agree. I saw a new thread recently from a senior member with the sole purpose of complaining about the posts of other senior members.

OOps! Wasn't named Larry was he?

[emoticon]

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/22 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

ever thought stuff like this might be just posts with the intent of drumming up activity and discussions?
Steve

Durb wrote:

I agree. I saw a new thread recently from a senior member with the sole purpose of complaining about the posts of other senior members.

[emoticon]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What was the question? I forgot.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 10:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Peoples RV lives can change dramatically with new equipment and new challenges. Much becomes unknown again. That is what makes life fun [emoticon]

I agree! I never paid attention to the 5th wheel forum, until I bought one. Same for Truck campers. While some topics are universal to RVing - each "breed" of RV comes with unique issues.

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry cad wrote:

Had one today where the OP is a "senior member", with almost 500 posts, has been a member since 2015, and his question was how do you fuel a gas truck with a trailer connected?

He didn't simply ask how to fuel a gas truck with a trailer (the answer is obvious, drive to the pump and fill up), but asked for tips on how to get a long trailer into a gas station, which is a fair question for someone that hasn't towed a long trailer before. It's entirely possible to have decades of RV'ing experience without ever having towed anything.

Asking questions *before* you get into the situation is a sign of experience and better than getting into a bad situation, then asking for tips on an expensive repair afterwards.

lancewgurel

Spokane Valley WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/22 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I reported your original post for rudeness. I'd rather suffer through a dozen needless questions rather than spend my time reading such a rude post. Hell, people get old and/or disabled and forget stuff!. Give some space.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We changed from a 40 motorhome pulling a toad to an 18 foot teardrop trailer towed by a Tesla. Lots of new things to learn although we are no strangers to towing. Just saying they might have changed the type of RVing they are doing.

Side note. There are a ton of teardrops starting to show up in the campgrounds here. That and small trailers in general. Many being towed by SUV’s and smaller trucks. Don’t know if it’s a trend but they were predominant in the last two campgrounds we were at.

Jmho.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've towed GN and pintle hitch trailers/one ton drw trucks for over 1.2 million miles in a eleven year period...and probably half that non commercial. I've also been a member on this website since '03.

I had to post a question about a WD hitch system and a which type/hitch brand recommendation for a 1500 truck pulling my 10k bumper pull car hauler with a 7880 lb blue tractor on the deck 9000 lbs on the traiulers axles... for off and on road work. Never needed a WD system with one ton drw trucks so I knew nothing about them. A website search and a google didn't answer my needs for this type combo.

Barney PM'ed me and gave his recommendations for a certain brand trunnion hitch type for my combo needs.....different than pulling a rv trailer on the highway. Worked great.

Now I'm sure my question sounded silly to others that have pulled bumper pulls/WD systems for many years. Many gladly offered their opinions.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 04:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry cad wrote:

Had one today where the OP is a "senior member", with almost 500 posts, has been a member since 2015, and his question was how do you fuel a gas truck with a trailer connected?

Perhaps he has always pulled with a Diesel and he knows that re-fuling a Gasoline ride is more dangerous than refueling a Diesel. (Oh and by the way it is).

I've been refueling Gasoline rides for.. Well about 60 years. Some of them had trailers attached ... How did I refuel them?
Same as if there was no trailer attached.

OH. one thing.. I recall an add back oh I think the 60's (or early 70s) where the car pulled up to the fuel island and split with half going either side... The voice over talked about "Which side do you pull in on" ... They were advertising cars where the gas cap was behind the license plate so you could pull in on either side.

They don't make 'em that way any More. (Ads that good or cars that way)

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/22 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I've been on here almost as long as you though no where near as many posts. I'm a creature of habit. I have pulled the same 30 foot trailer since 2005. In all the years of ownership I have maybe fueled up 5 times while towing and it was always at the same station.

Sometimes I think about going on a longer trip with the trailer and the thought about getting fuel on the road does enter my mind. So I can see why a person, even a senior member (which only means they have made 200 postings) might have a question about something as simple as refueling while pulling a trailer.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What is happening with our members?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.