|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic toilet valave problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/22 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had the valve break in the toilet in our mh, don't remember why/how, but were told that a new valve was not available, so we bought a new toilet. Then found and bought a new valve. So for the last couple of years we have a new RV toilet, still in box, sitting in our garage.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/22 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

NO. that is not a valve. that's a "T" or to be more precise a :Y: fitting

You just cannot help but being WRONG. That is a Toilet Valve. Doug

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/22 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IF the model 310 which is what the Valve listed is for. You push down Slightly to fill and then all the way to open the ball valve and Flush. To the OP, There were 2 screws supplied with the new valve. Those screws are NEEDED to be installed after the original valve is replaced. They keep the valve secured in place as the original plastic clips will not hold the valve securely in place. This style replacement valve should NOT have affected the operation of the ball valve, but if you state that no matter how gently you push down, the ball valve opens, then I would remove the new Water Valve, put vaseline on the end of the stem going inside and then retry. Doug

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/22 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

wa8yxm wrote:

NO. that is not a valve. that's a "T" or to be more precise a :Y: fitting

You just cannot help but being WRONG. That is a Toilet Valve. Doug

Lol, you beat me to it!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/22 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I should have explained the water valve mount screws. When replacing the original valve, they supply 2 screws to secure the valve tightly to the housing. IF you did not install those screws, it is possible that when attempting to gently push the pedal down, the valve is moving rearward slightly and that causes the water valve to not open until you push more firmly, which will open the Ball valve slightly. If you did install the screws and you did NOT fiddle with the Foot lever, then I would think the new valve is defective and you need to replace it. Doug

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/22 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

I should have explained the water valve mount screws. When replacing the original valve, they supply 2 screws to secure the valve tightly to the housing. IF you did not install those screws, it is possible that when attempting to gently push the pedal down, the valve is moving rearward slightly and that causes the water valve to not open until you push more firmly, which will open the Ball valve slightly. If you did install the screws and you did NOT fiddle with the Foot lever, then I would think the new valve is defective and you need to replace it. Doug
OK, that may be the issue. I did not install the screws because the old one did not have screws in it.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/22 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mayor30 wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

OK, that may be the issue. I did not install the screws because the old one did not have screws in it.

Correct. That is why they supply the screws. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic toilet valave problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.