|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2020 F350 6.7 weak start

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/22 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Finally - the dealership replaced both batteries under warranty. The reason "upon inspection found both batteries to be leaking"

Means they never even looked at it for the 2 days they had it earlier in the week.

Glad to hear you all whole again ! ! ! ! Will look forward to hear how FAST it started today !

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/22 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Finally - the dealership replaced both batteries under warranty. The reason "upon inspection found both batteries to be leaking"

Means they never even looked at it for the 2 days they had it earlier in the week.

Glad to hear you all whole again ! ! ! ! Will look forward to hear how FAST it started today !

Immediately!

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/22 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

I had a feeling it was a battery problem. Might be time to find a new dealer, though.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/22 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

I would ask for your money back if they charged you anything for thoes two days. I had an issu with my old f150 where it would die right after it started intermittantaly so I took it to ford. they charged me 300 bucks and didnt find anything. I went on the internet and found in 20 min the IAC valve causes this when it gets dirty and how to clean it. 15 min later truck was fixed. went back to ford and went to the dealership manager and explained this all to him and after a couple threats to go to the media and such they refunded my 300.00

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/22 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

The Motorcraft batteries that come with the vehicle are typically pretty good, but the ones you purchase from the parts department are junk.

I've noticed that too....why is that?

The battery in my 2012 F150 work truck is original and going strong. And I got 10 years out of the batteries in both of my Ford diesels and the only reason I replaced them was because I was getting worried due to the age of them. But I have noticed the replacement Motorcraft batteries are not as good.

The ones that come from the factory are US made and the ones that come from the parts dept are Mexico made. To be fair the ones made in Mexico maybe a cheaper design made with cheap materials.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/22 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

way2roll wrote:

I would ask for your money back if they charged you anything for thoes two days. I had an issu with my old f150 where it would die right after it started intermittantaly so I took it to ford. they charged me 300 bucks and didnt find anything. I went on the internet and found in 20 min the IAC valve causes this when it gets dirty and how to clean it. 15 min later truck was fixed. went back to ford and went to the dealership manager and explained this all to him and after a couple threats to go to the media and such they refunded my 300.00

They didn't charge me anything so it only cost me my time. They are the only game in town for warranty work, but outside of that they won't ever get any money from me.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/22 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice work way2roll. At least it was super simple and no charge, save for the brain cells you killed dealing with a car dealer service dept!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/22 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Nice work way2roll. At least it was super simple and no charge, save for the brain cells you killed dealing with a car dealer service dept!

Been there done that! [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2020 F350 6.7 weak start
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.