RV.Net Open Roads Forum: '22 Powerstroke seems a little thirstier than the '21 was.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> '22 Powerstroke seems a little thirstier than the '21 was.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/22 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

Prior to changing the calibration constant the Lie-O-Meter on my 21 was about 8% generous with the mileage it displayed. With very limited data I’m thinking my ‘22 is accurate.

Only real way to know is fill er to the top every time!

I haven’t found it very useful to try and check accurate mpgs. As regardless of the accuracy, the only info I would gain is exactly HOW bad of mileage I get when doing 90mph on my morning commute and 95mph on road trips! Lol

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/22 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

Prior to changing the calibration constant the Lie-O-Meter on my 21 was about 8% generous with the mileage it displayed. With very limited data I’m thinking my ‘22 is accurate.

How do you change the calibration?

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/22 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

The other day I made two trips to the city and back… a little bit of city driving each trip and a total of 253 km on 28.1 litres. That worked out to 11.1 litres per 100 km or 21 mpg. Something seems to have changed. With my previous Powerstrokes it seemed to me like the mileage I got on day one was not much different than the mileage a year later. Anyway I’ll be happy if it keeps getting 21 mpg.

did you purposly put the US mpg in there? I saw it and I went that sucks, as for us canadians you got 25.4mpg.haha

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/22 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

How do you change the calibration?

1. With the ignition off wait until the interior lights and screens have completely turned black.
2. Hold the OK button in the left side of the steering wheel for 5 seconds.
3. While still holding the OK button press and hold the start button until "ET" (engineering test) displays in the lower right hand corner of your DIC... Release both buttons.
4. Press OK to acknowledge any warnings screens (door open etc)
5. Press the steering wheel arrow up button to get to the AFE 1000 bias screen.
6. Use the left or right arrows on the steering column to lower or raise the value. Lower number will make the mpg display less generous. So if your mpg is displaying 8.5% too optimistic you would change the value to 915 (91.5% of 1000).
7. Press the OK button to store the new value.
8. Push the ignition button to shut off ignition and exit "ET" mode.

2022 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/22 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

The other day I made two trips to the city and back… a little bit of city driving each trip and a total of 253 km on 28.1 litres. That worked out to 11.1 litres per 100 km or 21 mpg. Something seems to have changed. With my previous Powerstrokes it seemed to me like the mileage I got on day one was not much different than the mileage a year later. Anyway I’ll be happy if it keeps getting 21 mpg.

did you purposly put the US mpg in there? I saw it and I went that sucks, as for us canadians you got 25.4mpg.haha

I included the litres per 100km cuz I figured no matter which way I went with mpg it would be confusing.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> '22 Powerstroke seems a little thirstier than the '21 was.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.