RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Best Route Recommendations Quartzsite to Redwood Nat'l Park

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Best Route Recommendations Quartzsite to Redwood Nat'l Park

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
lholliday

indy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/22 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My husband and I are planning to travel from Quartzsite or Phoenix AZ to the Redwood National Park CA. We will be driving our 30', gas engine, class A and flat towing our car in April 2023. We would appreciate any recommendations on the best route to take or any advice/warnings would be really appreciated.

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/22 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from ATC, Class A drivers having driving this route may be a huge help with your question.

older_fossil

USA (fulltiming)

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/22 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lholliday wrote:

My husband and I are planning to travel from Quartzsite or Phoenix AZ to the Redwood National Park CA. We will be driving our 30', gas engine, class A and flat towing our car in April 2023. We would appreciate any recommendations on the best route to take or any advice/warnings would be really appreciated.

That covers a LOT of possibilities. Could you describe how much time you have? Do you want to see anything else in CA? Do you prefer staying on or off interstates? Want to avoid big metro areas as much as possible?

Art

Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Lwiddis

Cambria, California area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/22 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking forward to your response to Art’s questions! Ah, the smell of a redwood forest.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/22 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I prefer the route up 95, te easternd side of the Sierra's. But, the quicler route is up the 10 to the 5 to the 101. Jump over to the 99 if you want more places to stop (vs the 5). The 95 has smaller quaint towns (farther apart) and 2 lane highway with little traffic,no boring 80mph traffic.

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/22 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the price of fuel in CA., I suggest traveling north through Nevada to Reno and then west to the Red Woods.........

Richard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Lwiddis

Cambria, California area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/22 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard’s fuel price comment is an important consideration.

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/22 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just did the trip from Phoenix to Portland on a Sunday. We hit Quartzsite at 11:00 for lunch and headed East through LA on the 10. Traffic was heavy all the way to the bottom of the Grapevine. We figured it cost us an extra two hours due to the traffic. Diesel was $6.20 to $6.40 in California.

lholliday

indy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/22 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Older_Fossil and LWiddis, we're thinking that we should take a week to get from Phoenix to Redwood N/P. We're not tight on time or limited on how long we stay. We tend to stay a week to a month at places we like. We try to avoid heavy traffic, difficult roads, and hilly terrain. Since we heard a lot of horror stories about driving around in CA, I thought I would check with you experienced drivers to keep the trip from stressing me out.

JDC1, thank you for that piece of information! Good to know.

RLS7201, I didn't even think about gas prices when I was trying to plan a route. Thanks for the reminder!!!

Durb, We considered leaving from Quartzsite - not so much now. Thanks for the info.

lholliday

indy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/22 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What are your thoughts on taking US-60N to US-93N to I-40W to US-58N to US-99N to I-5N in Sacramento to US-299W to US-101N?

Or, US-60N to US-95N to I-80W to I-5N to US 299W to US-101N?

Note: We drive a 30' Class A gas engine and we flat tow. Also, we tend to drive no more than 4 hours on a leg whenever possible.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Best Route Recommendations Quartzsite to Redwood Nat'l Park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.