RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ford stops taking orders on the lightening

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ford stops taking orders on the lightening

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev
Sponsored By:
philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/07/22 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wade44 wrote:

It's all lip service.

Buoyed by state's franchise laws

Wade44

Ohio Farm Country

Full Member

Joined: 03/29/2022

View Profile



Posted: 05/07/22 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Wade44 wrote:

It's all lip service.

Buoyed by state's franchise laws


It's super special here in OH. In most states the word/term "wholesale" in name or advertising is not allowed to be used, not so here. You would be surprised at the number of idiots that fall for that one and think theyre getting a deal. We have "wholesale" car dealers, "wholesale" RV dealers, "wholesale" appliance stores, take your pick. I can jump over the line up to your neck of the woods, or over to PA, and beat the tar out of any of their prices on anything.


2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

Wade44

Ohio Farm Country

Full Member

Joined: 03/29/2022

View Profile



Posted: 05/07/22 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For your viewing enjoyment. @ an 18%+ market adjustment and it's a 2021 LOL, but it's "in stock" and is probably afflicted with the suspension failures when taken off the pavement and body leaks which are being reported more and more with the Bronco.

[image]


[image]

* This post was last edited 05/09/22 09:32am by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/09/22 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Lol ^.
Can Tesla compete in the future? That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard today….
Literally made the founder the richest man in the world and someone is questioning his ability to make money? (Aka, his ability to keep Tesla relevant…)
That’s like questioning if Amazon or Apple have a solid business plan…
(Sent from my iPhone that I bought on Amazon…lol)


PayPal is what made him rich and he locked in that profit.

The Tesla money could go poof in a heartbeat. The stock value is mostly built on hype and future hopes.

I will give him, he is great at hyping and capturing govt subsidies.

Running a large company long term in a competitive market...we'll see how it turns out.


Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV


valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/09/22 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

Have you driven a Tesla?
I believe you would have a better grasp on their innovation if you had.
I was not a Tesla fan until I drove one.
After my drive I instantly realized the ICE was obsolete.
We no longer needed pistons,radiators and cranks to propel a hunk of steel down the road. The complexity of the ICE and all the moving parts were simply no longer necessary.
It was also apparent that EV was capable of being more than a 50 MPG commuter car.
As far as price, initially the base model Tesla's were in the 45K range which is not the cheapest car around but I would not say they are priced for the elite only.
Again Tesla approached EV differently than the legacy dealers, they marketed to a different crowd, they built a car with superb performance,they were not trying to build an econo box.
The legacy dealers did not lack know how, funding, or ability.
More than anything they lacked vision. Their version of EV lacked mass appeal.Their version did not turn heads, their version was mundane vs. innovative. Their version did not sell. Tesla changed the game.
Tesla started a real EV revolution that have lead all legacy dealers to proclaim some version of going full throtle EV by the year 203??.


Yes, very nice but overpriced.

No one with any sense questions if electric motors are better. They have been better since the 1800's when they lost to ICE. The issue was never the electric motor...it was storing and feeding that motor with electricity. Tesla basically uses lots of laptop batteries. No big advance in technology in the last 20-30yrs.

How many $45k Teslas were ever sold? That was marketing hype nothing more.

Sure when you are building for small volume niche product, you can do it different. They are still very much niche, so we will see when the big boys with manufacturing experience

The big boys don't need to be 100% EV, they can put out a few models and meet or exceed Tesla numbers...and they are already doing so.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/09/22 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Lantley wrote:

Have you driven a Tesla?
I believe you would have a better grasp on their innovation if you had.
I was not a Tesla fan until I drove one.
After my drive I instantly realized the ICE was obsolete.
We no longer needed pistons,radiators and cranks to propel a hunk of steel down the road. The complexity of the ICE and all the moving parts were simply no longer necessary.
It was also apparent that EV was capable of being more than a 50 MPG commuter car.
As far as price, initially the base model Tesla's were in the 45K range which is not the cheapest car around but I would not say they are priced for the elite only.
Again Tesla approached EV differently than the legacy dealers, they marketed to a different crowd, they built a car with superb performance,they were not trying to build an econo box.
The legacy dealers did not lack know how, funding, or ability.
More than anything they lacked vision. Their version of EV lacked mass appeal.Their version did not turn heads, their version was mundane vs. innovative. Their version did not sell. Tesla changed the game.
Tesla started a real EV revolution that have lead all legacy dealers to proclaim some version of going full throtle EV by the year 203??.


Yes, very nice but overpriced.

No one with any sense questions if electric motors are better. They have been better since the 1800's when they lost to ICE. The issue was never the electric motor...it was storing and feeding that motor with electricity. Tesla basically uses lots of laptop batteries. No big advance in technology in the last 20-30yrs.

How many $45k Teslas were ever sold? That was marketing hype nothing more.

Sure when you are building for small volume niche product, you can do it different. They are still very much niche, so we will see when the big boys with manufacturing experience

The big boys don't need to be 100% EV, they can put out a few models and meet or exceed Tesla numbers...and they are already doing so.

The big boys are having problems building ICE, nevermind trying to build anything else.
But what the big boys have accidently learned is that the car dealer as we have known it is obsolete. I predict they will slowly convert to a Tesla style salesplan. Huge dealership inventory will be a thing of the past.


19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide


goducks10

There

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/09/22 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Lantley wrote:

Have you driven a Tesla?
I believe you would have a better grasp on their innovation if you had.
I was not a Tesla fan until I drove one.
After my drive I instantly realized the ICE was obsolete.
We no longer needed pistons,radiators and cranks to propel a hunk of steel down the road. The complexity of the ICE and all the moving parts were simply no longer necessary.
It was also apparent that EV was capable of being more than a 50 MPG commuter car.
As far as price, initially the base model Tesla's were in the 45K range which is not the cheapest car around but I would not say they are priced for the elite only.
Again Tesla approached EV differently than the legacy dealers, they marketed to a different crowd, they built a car with superb performance,they were not trying to build an econo box.
The legacy dealers did not lack know how, funding, or ability.
More than anything they lacked vision. Their version of EV lacked mass appeal.Their version did not turn heads, their version was mundane vs. innovative. Their version did not sell. Tesla changed the game.
Tesla started a real EV revolution that have lead all legacy dealers to proclaim some version of going full throtle EV by the year 203??.


Yes, very nice but overpriced.

No one with any sense questions if electric motors are better. They have been better since the 1800's when they lost to ICE. The issue was never the electric motor...it was storing and feeding that motor with electricity. Tesla basically uses lots of laptop batteries. No big advance in technology in the last 20-30yrs.

How many $45k Teslas were ever sold? That was marketing hype nothing more.

Sure when you are building for small volume niche product, you can do it different. They are still very much niche, so we will see when the big boys with manufacturing experience

The big boys don't need to be 100% EV, they can put out a few models and meet or exceed Tesla numbers...and they are already doing so.

The big boys are having problems building ICE, nevermind trying to build anything else.
But what the big boys have accidently learned is that the car dealer as we have known it is obsolete. I predict they will slowly convert to a Tesla style salesplan. Huge dealership inventory will be a thing of the past.


Thats funny. !/2 mile away from me a Subaru dealer just built a big fancy new showroom/office building and blacktopped a huge lot for inventory. My neighbor is the shop foreman and told me that the small building they had was not even close enough for all the Subaru's they sell and service.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/09/22 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me know when that lot is full of cars!

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/09/22 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Thats funny. !/2 mile away from me a Subaru dealer just built a big fancy new showroom/office building and blacktopped a huge lot for inventory. My neighbor is the shop foreman and told me that the small building they had was not even close enough for all the Subaru's they sell and service.
See who is laughing when every Subaru has $10,000 to $30,000 ADM.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Wade44

Ohio Farm Country

Full Member

Joined: 03/29/2022

View Profile



Posted: 05/10/22 12:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

Thats funny. !/2 mile away from me a Subaru dealer just built a big fancy new showroom/office building and blacktopped a huge lot for inventory. My neighbor is the shop foreman and told me that the small building they had was not even close enough for all the Subaru's they sell and service.
See who is laughing when every Subaru has $10,000 to $30,000 ADM.


That's interesting. The largest Subaru dealer in Columbus OH has a total of 4 new vehicles in stock, and 2 of those are 4 dr sedans, all have an ADM tacked on, albeit they do not advertise it. Like most other dealers around here, I am sure you have to show up in person before they attempt to bend you over.

Fun times although when the whole house of cards crashes down shortly the buyers markets will return, as they always do when the sheet hits the fan.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ford stops taking orders on the lightening
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.