|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Norcold Fridge Issue

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
KenS999

West Dundee, IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/22 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello I am having an issue with my Norcold refrigerator running on propane. The model number is N306RM8. It is in a 2017 Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ. I noticed I have to lately turn up the temperature setting dial while running the refrigerator on propane to almost "coldest" in order to maintain 40 degrees F in my refrigerator section. The flame meter on the display, which always used to sit in the middle of the green now only sits just below the border of where white meets green while the fridge is running on propane. I do use 2 external cooling fans to draw air over the coils and an internal fan to circulate air in the box. I have cleaned any carbon deposits near the flame orifice tube and thermocouple. I know that the temperatures are getting warmer now, but I never remember the flame meter moving below the middle of the green when the refrigerator was operating on propane? Some advice on what I can check to correct the issue and improve my refrigerator cooling more efficiently while using propane would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ken.

craig7h

Branson MO area

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/22 04:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you check to make sure the thermistor has not slip on the cooling fin? Your thermistor may be going bad itself. You can unplug it and see what happens to the cooling.

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

KenS999

West Dundee, IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/22 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the reply. How does the thermistor function when the refrigerator is in LP mode? I understood it as the temperature control dial simply controlled the flame intensity for the burner. In LP mode the flame always stayed on. Thanks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Norcold Fridge Issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.