|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Can you list your rv for sale

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
parkersdad

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/22 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you list your RV for sale on this forum?

SAR Tracker

Central Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rules says:

"You may not use the Open Roads Forum for "For Sale" or "Wanted" posts. Solicitations by private/public agencies, or individuals for any cause are also not allowed."

Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

parkersdad

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/22 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, thank you

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVTrader.com

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you try listing on craigslist.org ?

If you haven't I would suggest trying it.

For RVs it is a free listing, easy to setup an account and they give you something like 20 pictures you can load for the add.

Go to craigslist.org, search for a city listed closest to you and post your add on that listing..

Big items like RVs really are best sold locally, it is very difficult for both parties to work remotely on looking and buying long distance and myself, I would never want to try buying a RV sight unseen..

If you have been posting on CR and not getting a bite, fair chance you are pricing it way to high.. Folks think their rigs are made of gold, they aren't and right now folks are listing them for 50% higher than the actual market value.. In my area, none of the high and overpriced RVs are moving, the listings have been the same rigs for months..

Just finishing up a deal today for my Father In Law involving a park model (going to tow it home today for my Father In Law), the poster was asking better than 60% higher than what NADA guide stated.. Bought it for NADA average price after haggling and I feel that is still higher than what it should have been..

Funny thing was the seller had tried ebay, wanted me to bid on it without looking at it, told him I don't do that as there are too many shill bidders and non paying bidders.. Told him to contact me when the deal falls through.. Yep, he contacted me when it fell through..

Be realistic in pricing and don't add additional war and flu tax on it in hopes of scoring a retirement bonus..

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sold ours on facebook Marketplace in 2 days after listing it. Nice thing about Marketplace is you can limit the advertised area to what ever radius you want to keep it relatively local, making it easy to show potential buyers and easy to meet them at their bank to get a bank issued check for payment, removing any concern about that.

jesseannie

Roseburg, OR

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I paid 5.00 for a listing on Craigslist. It is a new fee for vehicles.
I sold my trailer on the second day. It was a good sale.

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What are the options to securely handle the money tranfer for a sale?

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Lwiddis

Near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/22 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't mind sale listings but it is CW's site and that isn't in their business plan. So be it!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/22 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

Sold ours on facebook Marketplace in 2 days after listing it. Nice thing about Marketplace is you can limit the advertised area to what ever radius you want to keep it relatively local, making it easy to show potential buyers and easy to meet them at their bank to get a bank issued check for payment, removing any concern about that.

Lol. Are you insinuating there is a way of “blocking” those users who are not “local?”
Not sure your train of thought here….but there’s a lot of things that don’t make sense to me…especially on this forum.

But whatever floats your boat. Just know you can’t limit who sees the add based on their location from which they use Craigslist.
What you meant to say is if you’re searching, you can limit the radius around a central location (any location) that you see.
“Sorry sir/ma’am but you live to far away from me to buy my RV. Yer money ain’t no good in these here parts…”. Hahahaha

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Can you list your rv for sale
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.