|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Covid in RV Parks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/22 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

Wearing a mask does protect the wearer to an extent - how much depends on the type of mask.

^^^^^^^^ THIS! ^^^^^^^^

arhayes

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/22 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reality is, we are all eventually going to get Covid and may not not realize that’s what it is. We are fully vaccinated and boosted, yet recently caught covid from a friend we had over for dinner. She had tested negative that week so had no idea. We are beginning our annual 6 months of travels Monday and I have no intention of living my life in fear.

Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mr.Mark

Out West and Mid South

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/22 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been SO careful as to not catch COVID and have been lucky. I can't get any vaccine because I had a bad rare reaction back in 2009 that put me in the hospital for 2 weeks. Slow recovery afterwards.

I wear a mask everywhere. I truly believe that it helps as it has been good so far. I've had family members get COVID and did OK. My niece (44 yrs. old) has been vaccinated, boosted, etc. and caught a really bad form of COVID. She thought she might have needed the hospital but didn't. It was scary.

I, too, don't think this will ever go away as the virus keeps mutating and there too many people spreading it.

Safe travels,
MM.

Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Gooma

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/22 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Covid is like the the flu. It's always going to be with us and some will die. I've had both shots and a booster and now have my second go 'round with Covid Not any worse for me than a cold.
Take whatever precautions you think is best, and live your life.

Shadowcat

CO

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/22 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the responses. I'm wiser today. I didn't realize so many people who are vaccinated and boosted have gotten Covid. This is just a small sample here. I do take precautions and will continue my journey.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/22 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The vaccines do not prevent you from getting Covid, but they lessen the effects of it (just like a flu vaccine).

Most people who get the vaccine also take other precautions (mask wearing, social distancing, hand washing, etc) and all that lessens the chance of getting sick. So, by practicing those precautions and getting vaccinated, the chance of getting seriously ill with Covid is greatly reduced - but not completely eliminated.

People who don't get the vaccine (unless for medical reasons) are less likely to practice those other precautions so have a greater chance of catching the virus AND getting seriously sick with it.

Yes, you can get vaccinated, take precautions, and still get sick. One interaction with an infected person can pass it to you. If you have other health issues, Covid can aggravate those.

I had a friend who died after his diabetes went haywire. It had been under control for over a year before this happened. What changed? He got Covid. The covid virus caused his diabetes to go uncontrollable. He was vaccinated and had the booster shot. Which did he die of? Both. Just like my dad who had diabetes and CHF. The CHF caused his diabetes to go oncontrollable and that caused his death.

This is why the CDC has been so vocal about protecting those with underlying health conditions - because Covid WILL affect those conditions.

I still wear a mask when I am in shops, etc. I do so to reduce the chance that I will catch the virus. But it's more than that - if I have a simple flu or cold and expose someone else to that, I could unintentionally make them more succeptible to Covid.

I do agree with the thought that "if it's my time to go", but that doesn't mean I am careless. I don't play Russian roulette with my life. I enjoy my life, but I don't take silly risks.

OP - I think you have a good mindset. Take your journey, continue to use precautions, and if you see something that makes you uncomfortable, walk/drive away. Don't hide in fear, but don't ignore common sense and don't take silly chances.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/22 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

OP - I think you have a good mindset. Take your journey, continue to use precautions, and if you see something that makes you uncomfortable, walk/drive away. Don't hide in fear, but don't ignore common sense and don't take silly chances.

Agreed. And if folks get comfort wearing a mask and feel it helps, either physically or mentally, then by all means, wear the mask.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

mockturtle

AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/22 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]
jdc1 wrote:

We all know the reasons why Covid is still rampant. It will never go away because of deniers.

2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

mockturtle

AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/22 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have Type A blood you might want to take more precautions against exposure: https://www.livescience.com/blood-type-coronavirus-respiratory-antigens.html

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/22 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

Covid deaths are currently still close to 1000/day. That is way down from the peaks of over 3000. Still a thousand a day means some of us are still taking precautions seriously.

Where are you getting your data? CDC website says it's around 300/day.

Not saying it isn't a concern for those with risk factors but falsifying data does more harm than good.

Due to delays in reporting, the numbers jump around. Most recent I can find is 7-day average reported 5/4, which was 728 a day. You are correct a week or so before then the deaths were averaging 300 or so per day.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Covid in RV Parks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.