|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> No shortage of RVs

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/22 07:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

It’s spring. That is the time of the year almost all dealerships want to load up on inventory.

I think the point is...they have been able to load up on inventory rather than units being sold and out the door as soon as they arrive.

I suspect a lot of the "backlog" the manufacturers are hyping is filling inventory as opposed to actual sales.

Classic technique to help prop up prices. If people think there is still a shortage, they are less likely to drive a hard bargain but it's not sustainable if the lots are all full. Very quickly, dealers feel the cost of keeping inventory that's not selling.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Microlite Mike

NW Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 09:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

It’s spring. That is the time of the year almost all dealerships want to load up on inventory.

I think the point is...they have been able to load up on inventory rather than units being sold and out the door as soon as they arrive.

I suspect a lot of the "backlog" the manufacturers are hyping is filling inventory as opposed to actual sales.

Classic technique to help prop up prices. If people think there is still a shortage, they are less likely to drive a hard bargain but it's not sustainable if the lots are all full. Very quickly, dealers feel the cost of keeping inventory that's not selling.

With rapidly increasing inflation and the resultant price rises for materials, labor, fuel, and financing, there may be a new "backlog" on the horizon. Unsold units backing up at all levels of the "chain".

Unless one is awash in cash how many will plan on purchasing a new MH or TT only to end up with a high interest rate on the purchase contract, ridiculously high prices for fuel to drive/tow, and then increased costs for that space at your destination?

"Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway."

~ Albert Einstein

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/22 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dealer near me has a lot of campers and advertise a 4.99 % interest rate. Not worth looking at that interest rate,plus they pretty firm on their prices.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

restlessways

Limbo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/14/22 12:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

Dealer near me has a lot of campers and advertise a 4.99 % interest rate. Not worth looking at that interest rate,plus they pretty firm on their prices.

A 4.99% interest rate on an RV right now would probably be the prime rate for a buyer with the highest credit score, I would imagine. I had a brief conversation last year with a financing gal at one of the largest RV dealers on the west coast. I wasn't looking for credit, but I decided to chat her up to see what kind of financing was going on, and what she told me was truly stunning. She said that people were borrowing at rates of up to 19%. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/14/22 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

restlessways wrote:

A 4.99% interest rate on an RV right now would probably be the prime rate for a buyer with the highest credit score, I would imagine. I had a brief conversation last year with a financing gal at one of the largest RV dealers on the west coast. I wasn't looking for credit, but I decided to chat her up to see what kind of financing was going on, and what she told me was truly stunning. She said that people were borrowing at rates of up to 19%. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

It may be possible they found a sucker with really bad credit and sent them to the local loan shark but 19% would be wildly out of the norm even with poor credit unless you go back to the days of Jimmy Carter.

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/22 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe not, if the bank won't finance it with a secured loan on the rig (to old etc.) They may be getting an unsecured personal loan. Goggle (Bank rate) says rates could be as high 36%. Not in my wildest dreams could I imagine doing that

* This post was edited 05/14/22 11:36am by winnietrey *

Ro"n"Joe

Full Timing

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/22 02:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not the case with Newmar. Dealer allotments cut way back and the reason why they aren't willing to deal. Was at the factory 2wks ago and one guy got just 16% off MSRP on his Dutch Star

2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/22 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ro'n'Joe -- Beach and I went to the Myrtle Beach RV Show back in October; Newmar had the sold sign on nearly all their units before we left. Newmar even had desks set up for their salesmen to complete paperwork, and there was a line, a very popular brand. I can understand why they are low on inventory and was impressed. If we had the tow vehicle for one of their fifth wheels, I would have bought it. Also, their motorhomes are high tech, such as improvements in turning radius. They have built a "better mouse trap."

snowpeke

Nevada City California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/22 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With gas prices I think sales would be down.

2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/22 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Snowpeke, you would think!! But maybe these retirees were spending their kids' inheritance.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> No shortage of RVs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.