|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> New Renogy issue

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/22 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed a 325 watt resi panel, and a Renogy Rover 30 MPPT controller. I also purchased the BT-1 bluetooth dongle to allow monitoring from my Android phone.
It seemed to work well up until 3 days ago. Dry Camping my solar suddenly quit producing. The app showed 12.5 volts at the batteries and only about .6 volts from the panel. Accessed the leads from the panel at the controller, and got 38 volts, while the app said nothing. An hour later as I scoured the web, the system started working again.
Two days later it did the same thing. And as before, a couple hours later, it started working again. Both times voltage was around 12.9 to 13.2 when the unit shut down, and quickly drained the batteries to 12.4 or 12.5.
Called Renogy today, and was advised that the BT-1 dongle (bluetooth interface) was likely the issue.
Downloaded the new App, Search for Renogy DC home at the playstore or app store, and it seems to be working for now.
Download the app, there is little to nothing for a tutorial, but if yours is acting up, this could be it.

Lwiddis

Near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/22 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good tip regarding Renogy.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> New Renogy issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.