RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Fuse location on engine a/c compressor

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Fuse location on engine a/c compressor

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
hotjag1

Lake Chelan, Wa/Lake Havasu, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/27/22 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The engine a/c compressor doesn't kick on when activating the dash a/c button. There is no power to the wire that is connected to the compressor. I'm guessing that there is a blown fuse as it has worked fine until this spring. I have checked all fuse boxes and cannot locate the a/c fuse.

I called Tiffin and they said it was in the battery compartment. I found 4 inline connector fuses in that compartment, but they all looked good and they are not labeled as to what they are for.
Does anyone know where this a/c fuse might be on the DP in my signature?

hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/22 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ohm/voltage check across the fuse depending on if you have power on them. Also if you have low freon then you will not have power to the clutch. Sorry can't help you on location.

Krusty

Calgary, Alberta,Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/22 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would check to make sure it is not low on refrigerant. Most common cause.

Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/22 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Krusty wrote:

I would check to make sure it is not low on refrigerant. Most common cause.

This is the cause 99% of the time--- Low refrigerant Doug

hotjag1

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/27/22 11:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies. I did have an a/c shop check freon level and they said it was good. Still hoping someone has a suggestion as to where the fuse might be that I may have overlooked.

Cincy Steve

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/22 05:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Apples to oranges, but the fuse for our '14 American Revolution is in an inline holder, buried under the dash, near the evaporator assembly. Not an easy find, even after being told where to look....

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/22 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hotjag1 wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I did have an a/c shop check freon level and they said it was good. Still hoping someone has a suggestion as to where the fuse might be that I may have overlooked.

HOW could they possibly check the 134a level(volume) with NO COMPRESSOR RUNNING?
IMPOSSIBLE. So, don't ever use that shop. Doug

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/22 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

hotjag1 wrote:

HOW could they possibly check the 134a level(volume) with NO COMPRESSOR RUNNING?
IMPOSSIBLE. So, don't ever use that shop. Doug

Without knowing exactly what the "a/c shop" did, I tend to agree with Doug.

If they put gauges on it, they might be able to determine that there is SOME refrigerant still in the system, above atmospheric pressure, but without the compressor running, you can't really tell much.

I believe they could've measured the continuity of the low pressure switch and tried to make a determination from that as well. But again, without the compressor turning, I don't think that's reliable.

Now, they possibly could have jumped the low pressure switch, bypassing it, to see if the compressor came to life. (NOTE: Only do this momentarily as this could damage the compressor if allowed to run without proper oil circulating through the compressor.) If it did, THAT would indicate a likely possible low-refrigerant level. But if it didn't, that would most likely indicate the problem is elsewhere. If it did cause the compressor to work, then they probably would've offered to charge it for you.

Do you know exactly what the "a/c shop" did in their diagnosis? You can try jumping the low-pressure switch to see if that cause the compressor to kick in.

Good Luck,

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (26-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (21), 2 boys (22 & 19).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

hotjag1

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/28/22 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cincy Steve wrote:

Apples to oranges, but the fuse for our '14 American Revolution is in an inline holder, buried under the dash, near the evaporator assembly. Not an easy find, even after being told where to look....

There are several inline fuses under the dash. Rather than pay $165 an hour, I picked up the rv and told them I will continue to look for the a/c fuse. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably start checking all of them after the holiday.

hotjag1

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/28/22 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rick jay and Doug, thanks for the feedback about no compressor running.
This is a quote from the invoice.
"Checked A/C. Recovered system. Was about a pound low. Charged to 4.2 lbs. Test ran. Clutch is not engaging". I have no idea if they bypassed the low pressure switch.
Tiffins suggestion for fuse location was no help. I'm going to have to check every fuse that I can locate.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Fuse location on engine a/c compressor
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.