RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone Cancelling Truck Camper Trips Due to Fuel Prices?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Anyone Cancelling Truck Camper Trips Due to Fuel Prices?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

I just fueled for $208 at $6/gal for diesel...

$127.00 at $4.89

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reality Check wrote:

Life is short, every day's a gift, and waiting for the perfect time is a losing proposition.. Camp on.

My wife uses the same phrase and we try to enjoy life while we can. We rolled by Realty Check on Thursday in search of better weather on the dry side of the mountains.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE

S Davis

Western WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No ,added a extra 51 gallon tank. Instead of using my commercial supplier I am shopping around.

[image]

87 gallons@ $5.85 last fill up, contractor I work with just paid $6.40 in Bellinham WA.

* This post was edited 06/12/22 11:53am by S Davis *

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReneeG wrote:

One way to save is to use your gas CC. Sinclair gives you .10 off per gallon using the card and Chevron gives you .05 off per gallon and .02 credit on your overall bill. You can see that we always use Sinclair right now.

I have the Citi Double Cash credit card that gives me 2% back on all my purchases. At $5 per gallon that also saves 10 cents per gallon. Yippee!

I did fulltime in 2020 and I was paying $1.89 per gallon. I feel like a genius because I sold my motorhome in Feb. 2021. I might buy another one next year and do it again, depending upon all the prices. I might not. It was fun, but I don't know if it's $5 a gallon fun.

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

S Davis wrote:

No ,added a extra 51 gallon tank. Instead of using my commercial supplier I am shopping around.

[image]

87 gallons@ $5.85 last fill up, contractor I work with just paid $6.40 in Bellinham WA.

I think your on to something with that idea. During the summer the TC rig is in use a ton. If you can shave off a hundred bucks a week by just stopping where it’s cheaper that is just smart. Maybe I’ll start doing that with cans. Love the tank!!!!!!

kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/22 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are still traveling when we can but just taking it slower. Instead of doing a trip in 3 weeks we now take 4 or 5 weeks to cover the same distance. Cost per week works out to be about the same that way.

Also luckily we moved states which means most of the areas we like to go for short trips has been reduced by 300 miles.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/22 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BradW wrote:

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/report........he,averages%20%244.78%2Fgal%20in%203Q22.

Looks like the prediction for 2023 fuel price is not much better. So putting our trip off until next may not make much of a difference on fuel costs.

Ed and I just had this discussion - our problem is that the "clock is ticking" (how long will we be healthy enough to want to do our epic sightseeing trips?) so we're going, no matter what the price.

mike/kellie

northern calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/22 12:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went into town last night to get a pizza and noted the price of diesel at our only station. Today it was at $7.19. A 15 cent jump in 18 hrs. Might need to pack soon and leave while we can still afford it!

2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

bighatnohorse

Gig Harbor - Cave Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/22 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Ed and I just had this discussion - our problem is that the "clock is ticking" (how long will we be healthy enough to want to do our epic sightseeing trips?) so we're going, no matter what the price.

Adventure before Dementia ![emoticon]

Dr J the Canuck

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/22 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bighatnohorse wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Adventure before Dementia ![emoticon]

--------

Adventure before dementia...love it.

In Dawson City, Yukon on a 6000 km trip from Van Isle. Paying up to $2.60/L. That's per litre, folks. X 3.8 for conversion to a gallon. Painful yes, but worth every penny. It's all relative...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Anyone Cancelling Truck Camper Trips Due to Fuel Prices?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.