|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 1997 Holiday rambler Endeavor LE Ford 460

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/22 03:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard nailed all the major issues pertaining to 460/7.5L
On my 97 bounder built on a 96 F53 chassis, i have replaced the fuel pump, the frame mounted filter, and the ignition module which mounted under the front hatch/hood on the firewall on the driver side, i also flushed the brak system snd filled with fresh Dot 4 brake fluid ,

I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

kharrell1972

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies… I just went and picked it up today to take it the exhaust shop. Drove it without any issues. It does feel like there is not a lot of power but I figured that is because it is a gasser and is so big. I don’t expect it to be like a hot rod but figure it should have more power than it does. As it is, I wouldn't trust trying to drive through even the smallest of mountains! It has sat for a week since I parked it so leads me to believe the excessive exhaust back pressure is causing the lack of power and maybe something to heat up which eventually causes it to lose power. I am told braking is affected when the exhaust back pressure is excessive.

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/22 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck, but that 460 isn’t known for back pressure, headers will give you hp.

Check your fuel pressure, most likely cause. Ignition module is cheap and easy to replace. Likes to fail when it gets hot.

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kharrell1972 wrote:

Thanks for the replies… I just went and picked it up today to take it the exhaust shop. Drove it without any issues. It does feel like there is not a lot of power but I figured that is because it is a gasser and is so big. I don’t expect it to be like a hot rod but figure it should have more power than it does. As it is, I wouldn't trust trying to drive through even the smallest of mountains! It has sat for a week since I parked it so leads me to believe the excessive exhaust back pressure is causing the lack of power and maybe something to heat up which eventually causes it to lose power. I am told braking is affected when the exhaust back pressure is excessive.

Exhaust back pressure has NOTHING to do with braking. Your brakes are hydro-boost. Meaning the power for the brakes comes from the power steering pump.

Richard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 1997 Holiday rambler Endeavor LE Ford 460
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.