|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Magical Campgrounds found With A TC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 03:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think many of us have found places with the more versatile TC that are beautiful, even magical places to camp.

Do most of you limit telling only a few friends? I think many places should be left unexposed by leaving it off the net and left for discovery and surprise by those willing to venture off the usual beaten path.

Any thoughts?

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I find a gem I tell everyone!

deserteagle56

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm glad to share...but most people refuse to take their trucks/campers to my "magical" campgrounds........

[image]

[image]

1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually

Lwiddis

Cambria, California area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/22 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty places, Eagle. Since you got your TC and trailer there, they should! I would and do!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covered wagon wrote:

I think many of us have found places with the more versatile TC that are beautiful, even magical places to camp.

Do most of you limit telling only a few friends? I think many places should be left unexposed by leaving it off the net and left for discovery and surprise by those willing to venture off the usual beaten path.

Any thoughts?

This is a question?
We’re you that kid that told everyone everything?
Another entertaining thread ensuing here…

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

jimh406

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All secrets have already been posted. I think for the most part, it’s a secret to you, but you probably aren’t the first person to be there.

That being said, I don’t post everywhere I camp.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh406 wrote:

All secrets have already been posted. I think for the most part, it’s a secret to you, but you probably aren’t the first person to be there.

That being said, I don’t post everywhere I camp.

Does parking at Mom and Dads count as a gem? I think it does and I rarely post it... [emoticon]

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have places that I don't try to advertise. I enjoy them a lot and others will too if they are more of a surprise, more than what is expected.JMHO. One of them is well known by the locals of a small town but, when you go to search it on the net it's unheard of. I like that.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/22 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Years ago I traveled throughout the American Southwest. There were absolutely countless places of peace and beauty and isolation. Even the National Parks could be visited without overwhelming crowds. Those days have changed. There are almost no secret great camping places, almost no places of peace without crowds and ATVs.

Those days are gone, forever. If you think you have found some hidden oases, good luck. A few years from now you are likely to need a reservation or to win a lottery to visit those places.

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/22 11:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

Years ago I traveled throughout the American Southwest. There were absolutely countless places of peace and beauty and isolation. Even the National Parks could be visited without overwhelming crowds. Those days have changed. There are almost no secret great camping places, almost no places of peace without crowds and ATVs.

Those days are gone, forever. If you think you have found some hidden oases, good luck. A few years from now you are likely to need a reservation or to win a lottery to visit those places.

I still find Quiet places, hardly anyone around although often scary to go hiking especially when alone with signs of wildlife everywhere.

Your right though, I remember those times that for me were in the late 60's and early 70's. It was a great time for discovery in those days.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Magical Campgrounds found With A TC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.