|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Lazy Daze is closed permanently

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/22 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PButler96 wrote:

pnichols wrote:

PButler96 wrote:

pnichols wrote:

PButler96 wrote:

WinMinnie02 wrote:

Not sure why a V8 is a good idea, prefer V10, need enough power when needed.

Because the Ford gas 7.3 V8 puts out much higher HP and Torque numbers than any version of the Ford V10 ever did.

Hmmm .... please compare the V10 HP & Torque as previously used in Ford pickups (the 3-valve version - not the 2-valve version as previously used in the E-Series vans) to their current new V8.

I don't think the new V8 swamps out the good old 3-valve V10 by "that, that" much in the power department. [emoticon]

(Wasn't Ford's reason for the new V8 -> to improve MPG as much as possible for it's given power ... as compared to the 3-valve V10's MPG for nearly the same power?)

Why wouldn't you want more power, or even the same, on less fuel? At least the 7.3 isn't known for burning oil, puking plugs, and having exhaust manifolds leak, at least not yet.

The reason for my post was: Why spend new dollars for an RV with the new V8 mainly because one thinks it "has (much) more power" ... instead of staying with a V10 you already have in an RV you already own?

The reason for my post was to point out that the new 7.3 is a stronger and more efficient engine than any V10 Ford ever made. I never suggested anyone sell a V10 class C just to get the 7.3. That's an assumption on your part. Hang on to your obsolete technology which is easier than getting the V10 to hold onto its spark plugs, exhaust manifolds, and oil.

FWIW, my 2005 V10 doesn't blow spark plugs and uses no oil.

Also, try getting the new V8 repaired in such boondock places as near Plush, Oregon!! I've already read in the RV forums of issues with the new V8.

(However, my V10 did indeed need some exhaust manifold bolts replaced years ago on low priority after owning it many years. I had it done locally during routine maintenance.)

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/22 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sad. Used models will be in even greater demand. I liked them on paper but never saw a floor plan I thought would work for us.

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

ernie1

Sacramento,California,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/22 01:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We looked at the 24' model but the design where the driver's seatback, when pushed to it's rearward most position, opened a panel into the bathroom which left the driver partially in the bathroom and partially in the cockpit was a deal breaker!

And then there was the crotchety old guy (the owner) who talked us out of buying after we went to the plant with a check in hand.

katleman

San Mateo

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/22 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ernie1 wrote:

We looked at the 24' model but the design where the driver's seatback, when pushed to it's rearward most position, opened a panel into the bathroom which left the driver partially in the bathroom and partially in the cockpit was a deal breaker!

That’s the model I have, the feature is great for giving you an extra inch or two, you aren’t in the bathroom if you recline an inch or so. Plus it’s optional, you don’t need to use it, but it was a deal maker for me. Their popular mid bath has the fridge behind the driver and doesn’t have that option.

Visted via RV

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sad to hear. Lazy Daze were, unarguably, some of the best built Class C's on the market, year after year. What I find impressive is that the styling found a way to stay the same over the years, and yet still look timeless and modern at the same time. They just don't look "dated" regardless of how old they are.

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/22 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really liked the Lazy Daze all-aluminum coach shell and their good old earth-tone interiors. I'm REALLY not into the white/grey/black/chrome/stainless-steel hospital operating room look for RV interiors!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Lazy Daze is closed permanently
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.