RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Quad Steps

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Quad Steps

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
heaterswa

Plainfield, IL. USA

Senior Member

Joined: 11/15/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/09/22 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Durango currently has 3 steps and the drop after the bottom stair is usually large. I was looking to go to quad steps and liked the Lippert aluminum steps. My Durango has a 27.5" opening and the best I can find is these will not work:
Lippert Quad 432698 AL Step

Their documentation is rather poor for the dimensions.

The Elkhart seems like it would be a better fit and they are showing their dimensional prints:
Elkhart Tool S-1424-ALUM Quad Step

Anyone have thoughts or preferences here?
Thanks,
Bryan


Me, Wife, 3 daughters, and a woof woof
TV: 06 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4WD / Prodigy / Reese Signature 18K
FW: 07 KZ Durango 315BH / Fifth Airborne / Sidewinder / JT Strong Arm Stabilizers



fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/09/22 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flip a coin and buy the ones that fit. [emoticon] Just stay away from the ones that fold up into the doorway. Those suck big time.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 02/13/2004

View Profile



Posted: 07/09/22 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another option is the Torklift Glostep. We have these and love them. A solid step that stores outside. I also would avoid the kind that flip inside the rig.

Dan


2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

humblerb

houston

Full Member

Joined: 08/27/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/09/22 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Flip a coin and buy the ones that fit. [emoticon] Just stay away from the ones that fold up into the doorway. Those suck big time.


We love ours. They are adjustable in length and very sturdy.
I clean them with a broom/shop vac prior to folding them up.
If they are wet due to rain, we clean as much water off as we can, then put towels inside to soak up the drips.
Clean up floors when we get it back in storage.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/09/22 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

humblerb wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Flip a coin and buy the ones that fit. [emoticon] Just stay away from the ones that fold up into the doorway. Those suck big time.


We love ours. They are adjustable in length and very sturdy.
I clean them with a broom/shop vac prior to folding them up.
If they are wet due to rain, we clean as much water off as we can, then put towels inside to soak up the drips.
Clean up floors when we get it back in storage.
You may love them, but the first time you can't get into your trailer because you can't put the steps down, for one reason or another, you will have a few choice words to say.

RCMAN46

NorthWest

Senior Member

Joined: 02/24/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/09/22 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

Another option is the Torklift Glostep. We have these and love them. A solid step that stores outside. I also would avoid the kind that flip inside the rig.

Dan


X2
Had mine for 4 years and they work perfect. Easy to open when in a crowded rest area next to the large trucks.

R12RTee

Full Timing with a home base in FL

Senior Member

Joined: 10/29/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/10/22 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

humblerb wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Flip a coin and buy the ones that fit. [emoticon] Just stay away from the ones that fold up into the doorway. Those suck big time.


We love ours. They are adjustable in length and very sturdy.
I clean them with a broom/shop vac prior to folding them up.
If they are wet due to rain, we clean as much water off as we can, then put towels inside to soak up the drips.
Clean up floors when we get it back in storage.
You may love them, but the first time you can't get into your trailer because you can't put the steps down, for one reason or another, you will have a few choice words to say.

The steps can be removed easily by pulling two pins which pretty much destroys your argument.


2021 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA
2021 Ram 6.7 HO

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/10/22 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heck of a note, you have to remove your steps to get into the camper, which you need the steps to do. How very handy. [emoticon] Mine have to be unbolted to remove, how very convenient. I have 'em, and hate 'em, have to adjust at every stop, move the camper if the grounds too close. Nope, I'll take the fold-out steps every time.

If you need them for mobility problems, they may be necessary, but they're still a pain.

jkwilson

Indiana

Senior Member

Joined: 06/14/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/10/22 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

humblerb wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Flip a coin and buy the ones that fit. [emoticon] Just stay away from the ones that fold up into the doorway. Those suck big time.


We love ours. They are adjustable in length and very sturdy.
I clean them with a broom/shop vac prior to folding them up.
If they are wet due to rain, we clean as much water off as we can, then put towels inside to soak up the drips.
Clean up floors when we get it back in storage.
You may love them, but the first time you can't get into your trailer because you can't put the steps down, for one reason or another, you will have a few choice words to say.


My Glowsteps stick out about 10” further than my factory steps, but they can be used when partially extended pretty easily.


John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/10/22 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From what I've read, the GlowSteps are a better solution for the mobility challenged than the Solid Steps. But you sure pay a premium for them. I never did see any issues with the standard pull out steps, but I did put Quad Steps on in place of the three step OEM on our previous trailer. That last step was a lulu. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Quad Steps
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.