|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/22 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dalefuji wrote:

I assume the part no. is correct. It opens and closes but it does not lock against the RV like the left one (rear one). The new spring from Amazon worked the same as the one I have on now. So I sent new one back. Maybe I should order the spring directly from Carefree?????

The rear spring is just the spring tension. The front Cam loc spring, the Cam loc is what "locks" the awning torsion in place. The most common mistake when replacing the RH torsion is NOT getting the Cam loc aligned in the correct place when installing the spring. The orientation at the end of the awning tube. If the Cam loc hits one of the tubes that the fabric slides in then the cam loc does not loc correctly. Doug (I have replaced at least 500 Torsions both Dometic and Carefree in my 43 year career)

dalefuji

Milton, Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/22 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered a travel lock to put near top to keep rail against RV. I had RV in pole barn and could only open part way. I had to take rail off RV and set on floor in Pole Barn. I raised rail to put travel lock out near top. The travel lock was installed and then I lifted leg back up and put in bracket on RV side. I then switched switch to close and slowly closed awning. Guess what? The front awning rail locked in place and travel locks were both in unlocked position. I don't understand this but it now locks at top when closed. The Cam Lock is now working!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.