|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Insurance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Insurance

> Nat gen/Allstate service. Or not

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Bigdog

silverdale wa.

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/22 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple of months ago I was shopping at the supermarket and when I came out, I found that someone had hooked the lower part of the bumper on the drivers side. I got an estimate form a body shop ,called the local sheriff who said that I didn't need to report it as it was on private property and then notified the claims line. Got a call back from a lady in Florida, I live in Washington, and she quizzed me on how it happened and sent me the my claims pic link. Got a call back from her with an attitude that intimated that it was self inflicted. I called my agent and told him what happened and he pushed it up the ladder. A couple of days later I got a call from a guy in Arizona, who also gave me an attitude about it being self inflicted and that they had turned the pictures over to an accident reconstruction guy and that they had also determined that it was self inflicted. Now mind you this was determined on pictures that I took with my cell phone and no in person adjuster and was told that that I could get my own accident reconstruction guy if I wanted to at my expense. Nope and nope.. I will pay the repair and will be cancelling coverage with Nat Gen/Allstate as soon as I get coverage with another company. I have since discovered that Nat Gen/Allstate is cutting down on expenses by not hiring adjusters and cutting back on their service. I have been a customer of theirs for over 20 yeaRS.

GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/22 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a claim with All-State once. I was not impressed and will never buy insurance from them.

delwhjr

TX

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/22 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on the cost to repair and your want to pursue, I would ask for the reports to prove what they say. If they are blowing smoke that may change the tune.

I also had Allstate many years ago. Cancelled them when they denied a claim that was witnessed.

2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/22 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm going through something similar.

I was driving through a parking lot and a young female backed her truck into my car as I was passing by. Called the cops but they wouldn't come out because it took place on private property.

We exchanged information and went our own way. Now her insurance, Progressive refuses to pay because she refuses to communicate with them and no police report was filed. Progressive says I do not have enough information to prove she did it.

They are politely accusing me of trying to scam them

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

PButler96

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 02:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

I'm going through something similar.

I was driving through a parking lot and a young female backed her truck into my car as I was passing by. Called the cops but they wouldn't come out because it took place on private property.

We exchanged information and went our own way. Now her insurance, Progressive refuses to pay because she refuses to communicate with them and no police report was filed. Progressive says I do not have enough information to prove she did it.

They are politely accusing me of trying to scam them

Unfortunately that's how it works in your situation. No insurance company, Progressive or anyone else, is just going to roll over and pay a claim. No scams involved.

From what I can tell Texas is not a no fault state, and if it was your insurance would handle the claim, then they would deal with Progressive. Did you take any pictures immediatly after it took place?

I have a burn barrel in my yard.

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 04:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, I took many pics and provided them to Progressive. Even her DL and policy info. Progressive says they will not pay unless they speak to her, period.

This has been going on for over 2 months. They told me a few days ago they were closing this claim. I have no recourse at this point.

Progressive is telling me to have my insurance, Farmers, pay for the repairs. If I file a claim with them my premium will increase next cycle. I'm essentially paying for something that wasn't my fault other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If the estimate is under $2K I'll just pay for it out of my pocket. The insurance companies win another one.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is small claims court a possibility? If so get estimate to fix and all evidence you can and go that route.

Cat Lady

Baton Rouge, LA

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agreed. Take her to small claims court. You’ve got all her info. Use it in court. Let her deal with them getting her money back. The insurance companies are betting you’ll go ahead and pay for it yourself…prove them wrong.

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The female that hit me, notice I didn't say young lady, has an address to section 8 housing in a neighboring community on her driver's license.

Can't draw blood out of a turnip

Cat Lady

Baton Rouge, LA

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/22 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

True. Only the IRS can get blood from a turnip.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Insurance

> Nat gen/Allstate service. Or not
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Insurance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.