RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB Camper Wet Weight Label - Even Close?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > 2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB Camper Wet Weight Label - Even Close?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/25/22 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

terrybk wrote:

Hi Stircrazy,

That's good info.

I got a final reply from BF and they said that back in 2006 the weights were calculated but it should be pretty close and again, if in doubt, weight it. Even so, if they were accurately at weighting the first unit and kept track, others should be close but how close? I would think 10% but that too is a guess.

So while I appreciate their confidence, I would weigh it and not depend on the label. Sounds like they installed a scale at some point later. He did say this camper was from the "old company" and didn't keep any records. I mailed them the label so they didn't need to look anything up.


so that was the old ownership before they closed down for a couple years. they were bought by a couple of the employees and some moulds were sold off to northern light and another company and they streamlined there products. what they do now is they have the standard weight then it is put on a load scale filled with water, batteries and propane and such and then they hand write the weight on the sticker on the back of a cabnet door. but in all reality they could measure the final product to get any manufacturing variations and then put add the knowen weight of all the stuff light water, batteries and propane and you would be with in 20 lbs. I just like that you know the weight after all the factory options you ordered have been installed.


2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

terrybk

Central Coast California

Full Member

Joined: 02/01/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/25/22 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi StirCrazy,

That's some interesting insight. I wondered why Northern Lite looks so much like a Bigfoot.

A perplexing issue is why does this 25C9.4LB not have some standard options. Good for my needs but I guess maybe it was special ordered? But since they don't have records, there is no way to tell.

Terry


2005 Chevrolet 3500 SRW 4X4 LB/CC D/A
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

Senior Member

Joined: 12/03/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/25/22 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2000 9.6 2500 BF weights 4200 fully loaded, 50 gal water, clothes, food, both propane bottles full.
Wet weight posted is 2600lbs. I was told that is the weight without fridge, water heater, mattress, Stove/oven... Who knows but there are several BF owners that say their full ready to roll weight is right there at 4Klbs.

Jim.


2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

Atchafalaya_man

Lafayette, Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 08/24/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/25/22 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we departed on a big trip packed with food, clothes, tools, water, etc., we made a stop at the Cat Scale only 3 miles from home.

Our '2900 pound brochure weight' Lance 1130 non-slide rung up 4760 pounds on the ticket, close to 1800 pounds over the phony brochure weight.

If you know you have enough truck, avoid Cat Scale shock by never weighing your rig!

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/26/22 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Atchafalaya_man wrote:

When we departed on a big trip packed with food, clothes, tools, water, etc., we made a stop at the Cat Scale only 3 miles from home.

Our '2900 pound brochure weight' Lance 1130 non-slide rung up 4760 pounds on the ticket, close to 1800 pounds over the phony brochure weight.

If you know you have enough truck, avoid Cat Scale shock by never weighing your rig!


wow, my slumberqueen weights withing 100lbs of the dry weight and I am only 500lbs more when I am loaded for camping with full water, what are you guys stuffing in thoes things haha...

terrybk

Central Coast California

Full Member

Joined: 02/01/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/26/22 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigfootford wrote:

My 2000 9.6 2500 BF weights 4200 fully loaded, 50 gal water, clothes, food, both propane bottles full.
Wet weight posted is 2600lbs. I was told that is the weight without fridge, water heater, mattress, Stove/oven... Who knows but there are several BF owners that say their full ready to roll weight is right there at 4Klbs.

Jim.


I'm not disputing your weight but the wet weight is without frig, water heater, mattress and stove? Really?

terrybk

Central Coast California

Full Member

Joined: 02/01/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/26/22 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

Atchafalaya_man wrote:

When we departed on a big trip packed with food, clothes, tools, water, etc., we made a stop at the Cat Scale only 3 miles from home.

Our '2900 pound brochure weight' Lance 1130 non-slide rung up 4760 pounds on the ticket, close to 1800 pounds over the phony brochure weight.

If you know you have enough truck, avoid Cat Scale shock by never weighing your rig!


wow, my slumberqueen weights withing 100lbs of the dry weight and I am only 500lbs more when I am loaded for camping with full water, what are you guys stuffing in thoes things haha...


No kidding. I watch the Youtube videos where someone scales their rig and is shocked at the weight and then they says something like "Sure, I have all of my weight lifting equipment and tools in there but I am surprised!"

Atchafalaya_man

Lafayette, Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 08/24/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/26/22 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 'brochure weight' was 2900 pounds. A sticker inside a cabinet door reads:

"Camper weight is 3324 Maximum when it contains standard equipment, 46 gallons of water, 56 pounds bottled gas, 6 cubic feet refrigerator. Consult Owners Manual (or data sheet as applicable) for weights of additional or optional equipment."

Other stickers reads in part:

"Camper weight is ....3707 pounds with factory installed optional equipment in excess of 20 pounds. This weight does not include equipment under 20 pounds...... Consult data sheet....bla bla."

Dealer installed two batteries (110 pounds) plus who knows what for a possible admitted to, 3957 pounds.

We added solar panels, carpet, folding steps, shelving mods, etc. and only then did we load bottled water, pots/pans, clothes and food, etc.

Our current Lance 1181 claims to be about 3600 pounds 'dry' yet we find the same stickers in the cabinet admitting to 4690 pounds before we we add our things to reach the 5200 at which it scales.

Different brands may do it differently so weigh up, fess up. [emoticon]

Bedlam

PNW

Moderator

Joined: 06/13/2012

View Profile






Posted: 07/26/22 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I admit I carry what I want now with my larger truck and don't worry about weight but rather bulk. But I have a floor to ceiling pantry, 40 cu ft basement and 65 gallons of water in my truck camper before I even start filling the encled boxes on the flat bed.


Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD


Atchafalaya_man

Lafayette, Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 08/24/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/26/22 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

I admit I carry what I want now with my larger truck and don't worry about weight but rather bulk. But I have a floor to ceiling pantry, 40 cu ft basement and 65 gallons of water in my truck camper before I even start filling the encled boxes on the flat bed.


Peter, that 5500 Ram you had at the 2016 Midwest TC & Friends Rally in Minnesota didn't even know it had your camper on it, nor that trailer loaded with your sand wagon, et al.

In the link below is a report on the rally and a picture of you next to the sand wagon.

https://midwesttruckcampers.wordpress.com/past-years-events/2016-events/2016-mwtc-rally/

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > 2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB Camper Wet Weight Label - Even Close?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.