RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: MotorTrend F150 Lightning Tow Test

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > MotorTrend F150 Lightning Tow Test

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bikendan

Goodyear, Arizona

Senior Member

Joined: 11/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/06/22 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a recent article from Mike Sokol, a well respected authority on RV electrical, about towing with an EV:

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-el...h-ev-truck-practical-rvt-1064/


Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/06/22 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For your viewing entertainment. Obviously this excludes the Canadian oil sands which technically is a form of mining.

[image]


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"250k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/06/22 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Quote:

Dangers of Oil Refineries to Workers and Nearby Residents


Oil refineries house combustible chemicals. They must store these chemicals properly. Otherwise, refinery chemicals can cause fires and explosions that result in accidents, injuries, and fatalities.

Also, some refinery chemicals are highly acidic. They should not come into contact with the skin.

Refineries can release benzene, xylene, and other hazardous chemicals. These chemicals can cause serious breathing issues and other chronic health problems if inhaled.

Moreover, refineries are leading sources of nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, and sulfur dioxide. These pollutants can endanger refinery workers and the environment.

Refineries are responsible for providing workers with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). They must operate per federal, state, and local health and safety requirements.



2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT


Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/06/22 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

For your viewing entertainment. Obviously this excludes the Canadian oil sands which technically is a form of mining.

[image]


That’s the Escondida copper mine in northern Chile. No lithium there. I makes for a great story though.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/06/22 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

The Salton Sea could produce the world’s greenest lithium, if new extraction technologies work

CNBC

shelbyfv

TN

Senior Member

Joined: 02/18/2006

View Profile



Posted: 08/06/22 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well heck, you guys have convinced me with your novel and well informed arguments. Obviously it's a hoax. All the pointy heads agree only because they are colluding to ruin our economy and reduce our sperm count! Before my epiphany I figured agreement was because they had the right answer. Sure is a lot less worrisome now that I am back on track. All that "science" was taxing my little pea brain.[emoticon]

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/06/22 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

[image]

Quote:

Dangers of Oil Refineries to Workers and Nearby Residents


Oil refineries house combustible chemicals. They must store these chemicals properly. Otherwise, refinery chemicals can cause fires and explosions that result in accidents, injuries, and fatalities.

Also, some refinery chemicals are highly acidic. They should not come into contact with the skin.

Refineries can release benzene, xylene, and other hazardous chemicals. These chemicals can cause serious breathing issues and other chronic health problems if inhaled.

Moreover, refineries are leading sources of nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, and sulfur dioxide. These pollutants can endanger refinery workers and the environment.

Refineries are responsible for providing workers with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). They must operate per federal, state, and local health and safety requirements.


Why didn't you include a Volcano eruption?

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/06/22 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

For your viewing entertainment. Obviously this excludes the Canadian oil sands which technically is a form of mining.

[image]


That’s the Escondida copper mine in northern Chile. No lithium there. I makes for a great story though.


No but it sure could tell a story for the future.

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2003

View Profile



Posted: 08/06/22 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wow, what I realy want to know is not the range it can tow at capacity but how far can it go with 2000lbs in the box. might be a nice setup for a small camper.

a buddy of mine finaly got his last month and absolutly loves it. I'll admidt its kinda neat, but for me it would have to be able to get a decient range with 2000lbs in the back to work for me right now, but I would still need my F350 for towing the 5th. when a electric can get 500 miles towing 14000 lbs then I will trade in my F350.

Steve


2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/06/22 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Reisender wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

For your viewing entertainment. Obviously this excludes the Canadian oil sands which technically is a form of mining.

[image]


That’s the Escondida copper mine in northern Chile. No lithium there. I makes for a great story though.


No but it sure could tell a story for the future.


Who knows. But copper mines are not going away even if people don’t like the looks of them. Society uses a LOT of copper. We have a bunch of mines in our province and there is more coming.

Jmho.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > MotorTrend F150 Lightning Tow Test
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.