RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: My new-to-me 2018 Ram.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> My new-to-me 2018 Ram.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/22 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guessing you are 2WD? My suggestion is 80 if 4wd and use the inflation chart and add 10psi for the fonts if 2wd. I HIGHLY advise getting the front end toe set to 1/64" or you WILL have outer edge stepping. Then leave rears where they are and only rotate fronts side to side leaving the rotation the same. This requires removing the tires from the wheels and have the outsides become the insides.

Rears use the inflation chart and add 5psi. Unloaded run 30-35.

I have a lot of experience with all the above. Best ride and tire life.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/22 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, 2 WD. I'm going to go lower on the rear tires, the ride is just too harsh. Actually I'll probably never rotate the tires, I've never done it on any vehicle I've ever owned. We put about 70,000 miles on our last truck over a period of 17 years. [emoticon] This one probably won't be much more, so they will most likely age out before they wear out, just like the trailer tires.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/22 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Yes, 2 WD. I'm going to go lower on the rear tires, the ride is just too harsh. Actually I'll probably never rotate the tires, I've never done it on any vehicle I've ever owned. We put about 70,000 miles on our last truck over a period of 17 years. [emoticon] This one probably won't be much more, so they will most likely age out before they wear out, just like the trailer tires.

Report back in 5k and tell me your front tires are not wearing on the outer edges. Your money, your tires I have a lot of experience with this. Unless your front end has already been aligned to the spec I mentioned you WILL be getting outer edge "stepping".

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/22 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Report back in 5k and tell me your front tires are not wearing on the outer edges. Your money, your tires I have a lot of experience with this. Unless your front end has already been aligned to the spec I mentioned you WILL be getting outer edge "stepping".

Ron, even on a 2W drive model?

BTW I miss my 2015 3500 Laramie is many ways, however looking at diesel prices compared to gas, I decided the little 2.7L Ecoboost serves me will now. Wish it had power folding mirrors. It's 12" horizontal display looks like it belongs in the dash, and not stuck there with bubble gum.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/22 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

YES, he has a solid front axle.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> My new-to-me 2018 Ram.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.