RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Poop Tote Carrier

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Rbertalotto

Massachusetts

Senior Member

Joined: 06/02/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/13/22 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How do you transport your portable waste tank (Poop Tote). I really didn't want it tied on the back of the trailer and I certainly didn't want that nasty thing anywhere near living quarters. So I built a Poop Tote holder under the trailer....(sorry for the out of focus )

A video describes it best:

https://youtu.be/gmVUOAVuKyA
https://youtu.be/gmVUOAVuKyA


RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT


Lwiddis

Southern California :(

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/13/22 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good job. I was concerned about diminished ground clearance but I think you’ll be just fine.


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad


LadyRVer

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 09/04/2007

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/13/22 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put mine in the bed of the truck.

PButler96

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 06/13/2022

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/14/22 05:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice work but I don't think I want to have to remove the wheels and then reinstall them everytime I need to use it. It hangs from my ladder just fine, and all I need do is remove a bungee to get it down.


I have a burn barrel in my yard.

ADAD437

Jeffersonville,Ind., webster,fl. USA

Senior Member

Joined: 06/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/14/22 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PButler96 wrote:

Nice work but I don't think I want to have to remove the wheels and then reinstall them everytime I need to use it. It hangs from my ladder just fine, and all I need do is remove a bungee to get it down.


i didn't see him remove any wheels, i think he done a great job.


James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit
">


BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 04/04/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/14/22 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ADAD437 wrote:

PButler96 wrote:

Nice work but I don't think I want to have to remove the wheels and then reinstall them everytime I need to use it. It hangs from my ladder just fine, and all I need do is remove a bungee to get it down.


i didn't see him remove any wheels, i think he done a great job.

Yes, it was behind the wheels. A great way to store it, out of sight and out of mind. Ladder or truck bed works, but this is so much neater.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/14/22 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

ADAD437 wrote:



i didn't see him remove any wheels, i think he done a great job.

Yes, it was behind the wheels. A great way to store it, out of sight and out of mind. Ladder or truck bed works, but this is so much neater.


I think ya'll missed it,he was talking about the wheels on the Poop Tote [emoticon] [emoticon]


2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C


PButler96

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 06/13/2022

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/14/22 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

BB_TX wrote:

ADAD437 wrote:



i didn't see him remove any wheels, i think he done a great job.

Yes, it was behind the wheels. A great way to store it, out of sight and out of mind. Ladder or truck bed works, but this is so much neater.


I think ya'll missed it,he was talking about the wheels on the Poop Tote [emoticon] [emoticon]


Are you surprised that the comments fly from those who never watched the OP's video? I'm not.

Rbertalotto

Massachusetts

Senior Member

Joined: 06/02/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/14/22 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the wheels simply pop off on this tote. Takes all of 15 seconds to put them on or off. As far as ground clearance. I relocated axles below the springs lastbyear. I have plenty not ground clearance.

fyrflie

Martinez, CA. USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/31/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/15/22 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Outstanding.
Great job.
Thanks for posting.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.