RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: For your consideration, the Chinese Airstream.

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > For your consideration, the Chinese Airstream.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
PButler96

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 06/13/2022

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/18/22 02:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It even comes with its own "Personal Tailor" for those last minute alterations to your jeans at the campground and an "intelligent toilet". LOL.

New Style mobile House Travel Trailer Airstream trailer house trailer camper


I have a burn barrel in my yard.

QCMan

Independent Republic of Horry

Senior Member

Joined: 12/19/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/18/22 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sure hope it comes with those wonderful Chinese tires too!


2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

Senior Member

Joined: 10/03/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/18/22 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How much is shipping? That's where they're gonna get ya!


2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

1492

Arlington, VA

Moderator

Joined: 04/08/2005

View Profile



Posted: 08/18/22 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moot point as customs would confiscate the shipment.

PButler96

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 06/13/2022

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/18/22 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1492 wrote:

Moot point as customs would confiscate the shipment.


Confiscate it for what? Perhaps if it's stuffed with Fentynal or something. You might have to jump through hoops such as making modifications to register it, but all sorts of vehicles are imported every day from everywhere. You might not ever be able to get it registered but If it comes in a conex on a ship and you pull it at the port, load it on a flatbed truck and truck ot home it's no different than buying a conex full of cheap sum ting wong phone chargers, or never charp Chinese chainsaws. A lot of junk on Alibaba is sold on Ebay by US sellers and it never touches the sellers hands, it's shipped direct from China to the buyer in the US, and the entire transaction is made with software automatically.

The cost to ship that POS over in a 40' Conex would be anywhere between $4000 to $8000+ depending on the market which is at the high end right now, and some other fees such as duties etc.

* This post was edited 08/18/22 04:40pm by PButler96 *

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/18/22 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PButler96 wrote:

1492 wrote:

Moot point as customs would confiscate the shipment.


Confiscate it for what? Perhaps if it's stuffed with Fentynal or something. You might have to jump through hoops such as making modifications to register it, but all sorts of vehicles are imported every day from everywhere. You might not ever be able to get it registered but If it comes in a conex on a ship and you pull it at the port, load it on a flatbed truck and truck ot home it's no different than buying a conex full of cheap sum ting wong phone chargers, or never charp Chinese chainsaws. A lot of junk on Alibaba is sold on Ebay by US sellers and it never touches the sellers hands, it's shipped direct from China to the buyer in the US, and the entire transaction is made with software automatically.

The cost to ship that POS over in a 40' Conex would be anywhere between $4000 to $8000+ depending on the market which is at the high end right now, and some other fees such as duties etc.


LOL, right?
Idk what would even spur a comment like that.
(Thinking back to when I bought a bridge that was made in China. It wouldn't fit in a Conex, but it fit on 3 barges. It didn't get confiscated.)


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bob213

Fresno, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/18/22 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't think I could get used to the door being on the wrong side.


You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand


Skibane

San Antonio, TX

Senior Member

Joined: 11/09/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/18/22 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

How much is shipping? That's where they're gonna get ya!


They pack the inside with cargo before loading it on the ship - The trailer is the cargo container!

Brilliant!

obgraham

TriCites WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/30/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/18/22 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Typical of stuff from that country: They can't be bothered to design their own RV, so they copy one of our iconic brands, and even use the trademark name. D'bags.

PButler96

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 06/13/2022

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/19/22 01:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Skibane wrote:

spoon059 wrote:

How much is shipping? That's where they're gonna get ya!


They pack the inside with cargo before loading it on the ship - The trailer is the cargo container!

Brilliant!


LOL. They learned that from US RV manufacturers. It's not uncommon for them to pack parts they provide for warranty repairs in a new unit being shipped to a dealer, just to save some nickels on shipping. One of the reasons your new trailer could sit at a dealer for months waiting for a warranty repair. The manufacturer saves a dime, the dealer gets the blame.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > For your consideration, the Chinese Airstream.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.