RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Cost of EV Batteries

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Cost of EV Batteries

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/18/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/22 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NamMedevac 70 wrote:

Time2Roll 8.1VAN tell that to Barry Sullivan at CNBC and their poll also said 17% of EV owners will buy a gasser for next purchase. so add 53 to 17 and that sounds like 70% to me. Also most EV owners also have a gasser auto or truck. Of the 300 million autos in USA only 1% are EVs. I only posted what he said on his news cast as I really don't give a rats*** about it one way or the other.

The fanatics about EV don't care for one little bit of negative news about EVs such as lack of charging stations, broken charge stations, poorly performing charge stations (except Tesla), etc. etc. Still 20 years away from a nation wide massive EV infrastructure. Cheers to you bubba Joe and I will view no more snarky comments thank you.


Here is an article that may be of interest. It is from 2016 but is scholarly.

It appears ev sales, in 2020, at least in Canada, were 150% more than the study predicted.

Musk predicted and achieved 1/2 million EV sales in 2020.

As to charging stations, most ev charging is done at home. Unless you are Amish--one has the potential to have a charging station.

https://www.cesarnet.ca/publications/ces........ectric-vehicles-alberta-s-energy-systems

* This post was edited 08/23/22 09:24am by pianotuna *


Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/23/22 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NamMedevac 70 wrote:

Time2Roll 8.1VAN tell that to Barry Sullivan at CNBC and their poll also said 17% of EV owners will buy a gasser for next purchase. so add 53 to 17 and that sounds like 70% to me.
I have read the same. Context is most of the people switching back have no at home charging. They were stuck using only public charging. Most likely I would recommend avoiding an EV unless home charging is available.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

2oldman

NM

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/22 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Most likely I would recommend avoiding an EV unless home charging is available.
Home charging is much preferable when your car is at home 99% of the time.

Latner

Indiana

Senior Member

Joined: 08/06/2006

View Profile



Posted: 08/23/22 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator



That's great! Leaves more fossil fuels for Bezos's mega yacht and bazillionaire lifestyle. This is the problem I have with this whole "ram the EV's down our throat" "new green deal" movement. Until I see them (meaning the powers that be) practicing what they preach, I'm not playing. Not to be outdone, John Kerry is probably taking his private jet as we speak to go and order a bigger yacht.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/22 10:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

video

The mining for EV battery material is the new gold rush.


2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT


time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/23/22 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Latner wrote:



That's great! Leaves more fossil fuels for Bezos's mega yacht and bazillionaire lifestyle. This is the problem I have with this whole "ram the EV's down our throat" "new green deal" movement. Until I see them (meaning the powers that be) practicing what they preach, I'm not playing. Not to be outdone, John Kerry is probably taking his private jet as we speak to go and order a bigger yacht.
Jeff will never live the same life as most of us. I still give credit to making an effort through his company.

Let me know when an oil company executive goes above and beyond what is required to reduce pollution.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/18/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/23/22 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bezo is doing it because they are 3 times cheaper to run. Nothing altruistic about that, but it is great news.

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

Senior Member

Joined: 10/03/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/23/22 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Jeff will never live the same life as most of us. I still give credit to making an effort through his company.

Let me know when an oil company executive goes above and beyond what is required to reduce pollution.

If you think that anyone is making electric vehicles to "reduce pollution" than you have been brainwashed. It is about increasing profit. Musk saw a chance to corner a market and make cash money. It isn't about being more Green or Earth friendly... it's only about making the almighty dollar. I promise you that batteries and EV aren't nearly as Green as you may want to believe...


2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/23/22 11:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Bezo is doing it because they are 3 times cheaper to run. Nothing altruistic about that, but it is great news.
Yes and yet people drive miles out of their way to save a few pennies on gasoline or diesel.
Then blame it on Bezos [emoticon]

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/23/22 11:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Jeff will never live the same life as most of us. I still give credit to making an effort through his company.

Let me know when an oil company executive goes above and beyond what is required to reduce pollution.

If you think that anyone is making electric vehicles to "reduce pollution" than you have been brainwashed. It is about increasing profit. Musk saw a chance to corner a market and make cash money. It isn't about being more Green or Earth friendly... it's only about making the almighty dollar. I promise you that batteries and EV aren't nearly as Green as you may want to believe...
My comment lost it's context talking about yachts and private jets. Everyone has their own motivation.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Cost of EV Batteries
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.