|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Mirrors.. no one said we needed Mirrors

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Mike134

Elgin, IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/22 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

only thing I can see in my mirrors is the other lane so no worries I'm covered when I go to change lanes.

2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/22 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When driving a semi do you think that the driver can see directly behind them? You can fit 3 or 4 cars into the blind spot behind a 53 ft trailer. There is a reason you see signs on the back of a truck that say "If you can't see me in my mirrors, I can't see you."
You can't control what other people do on the road, you just have to be able to react to their stupid actions.

Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

LMHS

NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/22 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My daughter replaced the OEM mirrors on her daily driver pickup truck with "towing" mirrors. They look exactly like her OEM mirrors except they extend a few inches more. She has even had other RVers ask her how she sees around her truck camper ("I use my mirrors.")

They also can collapse back to "normal". Not that that happens because the truck camper is mounted 24/7/365. We take the truck to go grocery shopping so the dog can go with us. It's amazing how many people have walked up to us in a parking lot and proceeded to "school" us, very loudly, on needing mirrors to see around the truck camper.

That said, people are terrible drivers in their passenger cars, add a big RV or camper to the mix and they are just worse. We regularly get passed on double yellow lines in a 55mph limit like we are standing still. I do the speed limit. A little slower in bad weather. Every week we have at least one near miss.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Mirrors.. no one said we needed Mirrors
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.