|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic CCII Control Board for Penquin II

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/22 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW, Have ANY of the AC units been replaced since new? Doug

Roadgypsie2020

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/22 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I could do that but the wall thermostat is in the same room. It seems to work OK as is.

Roadgypsie2020

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/22 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No. They are all original.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/22 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roadgypsie2020 wrote:

I guess I could do that but the wall thermostat is in the same room. It seems to work OK as is.

How close are those 2 AC units? Doug

Roadgypsie2020

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/22 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roughly 12-15 ft.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/22 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reason I suggested adding the remote interior temp sensor is to allow that 2nd ext unit to turn off and on, by sensing the actual temp of the area it is cooling. I also do not know what the problems may be by setting it at Zone 3, versus just an extension of Zone 1. If the 2 AC units were within 5 feet or less, than using the wall tstat may be best. I looked at a similar model Cedar Creek and it did show a middle AC, then all the way up front, the front AC and all the way at the back, the rear AC. Indeed 10 to 15 foot spacing. Is your front the LR or the Bedroom? Front to rear, which AC units are EXT? Doug

Roadgypsie2020

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/22 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our model is the Champagne 38EL. Rear living/Front bedroom.

The Blizzard 15K Heat Pump is now Zone 1 Rear. One Penguin II is in the center and now Zone 3 was EXT Stage of Zone 1. The 2nd Penguin II is in the Front bedroom and is Zone 2.

Roadgypsie2020

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/22 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well more to the story. Around 5AM the AC shuts off. All of them with E1 error.

So I ended up replacing and cleaning all 3 units now with new couplers in all of them. After that I did an Initialize and it did not recognize any of the zones. Went up and put the Middle AC back on Ext. stage instead of Zone 3. Did another initialize and is working as was originally.

One other thing I did was swap the RJ-11 cables on the middle AC relay board because I think I may have swapped them. Not sure if it makes a difference?

Another observation was that the Blizzard Heat Pump only had Heat Pump and Furnace Dip switch settings on. No zone 1 or EXT. stage on. I figured one or the other would have been on?

So now I am a bit confused. I don't know if it was the RJ-11 couplers, the dip switch settings on the middle AC, or a swapped RJ-11 on the middle AC relay board that caused the issue this morning.

Any input is welcome!

Roadgypsie2020

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/22 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just realized there is no Zone 1 Setting. I have been looking for Dometic Manuals that describe the EXT. stage setting but all that I have found just state Not Used On This Unit.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/22 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

E1 is communication error, which you have fixed with the new modular connections. YES, Zone 1 is NOT listed and is the default Zone 1 for the Dometic system. The 2 COM cables for each AC control board. There is no preference at all. You can use either one. EACH does the same thing. Are you stating you did NOT see any corrosion on the ends you replaced? Remember, EACH AC, you have the 2 modular connections on the Control board, THEN BOTH those com cables go about 18 inches and then connect to the supplied unit a quick connect union. So, in your 3 AC system, you will have a total of 11 modular connections. Did you replace all 11? Some are NOT used, but need replaced anyway. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic CCII Control Board for Penquin II
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.