|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/22 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stopped into the Buc-ee's in Florence South Carolina (I-95) on our way to Myrtle Beach. I can't believe they did not provide for RV parking. There are NO RV spaces, not for motorhomes, not for tour busses, not for travel trailers...NONE. Genius, pure genius. I know they are not a truck stop so no semi tractor trailers....but no RV spaces?? Really?

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/22 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You accomplished one thing, you made me look it up, as I'd never heard of Buc-ee's , had no idea what it was.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/22 03:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They've learned their lesson from Wal*Mart evidently. Get in, gas up and eat, get out.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/22 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we lived in Ewe-stun (about 15 long years), we always liked to stop a Buc-ee's since it was the cleanest travel stop with the widest selection of food, drink, snacks (and in most spots in the area) hunting supplies if needed. However, their business model, it appears, is based on volume and rapid sales. An RV taking up multiple spots at the gas island, even if they move after filling (many didn't) or having to have the real estate for rig parking, probably no longer makes sense for Buc-ee's market.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/22 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PA12DRVR wrote:

When we lived in Ewe-stun (about 15 long years), we always liked to stop a Buc-ee's since it was the cleanest travel stop with the widest selection of food, drink, snacks (and in most spots in the area) hunting supplies if needed. However, their business model, it appears, is based on volume and rapid sales. An RV taking up multiple spots at the gas island, even if they move after filling (many didn't) or having to have the real estate for rig parking, probably no longer makes sense for Buc-ee's market.

I observed many cars that did not move from the pump after filling up...the drivers just walked inside for however long they wanted to. Saw many still right in the same place too as we left. Buc-ee's is building what will be the largest one so far in Kodak TN at 76,000 sq. feet. That's right at exit 407 into the Pigeon Forge area and 10's of thousands of RVers come to the area. They will miss that business if they don't accommodate their parking...but then again, they must not want them. Oh well.

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/22 10:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the largest Buc-Ee's right now, in New Braunfels, TX. It has more than enough room for RVs to park and plenty of maneuvering room in/around all the pumps.

Some of the older, smaller ones don't have RV room. I'm very surprised that the one in Florence was recently built without RV room.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.