|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> HwH is getting Ridiculous

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/22 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Racklefratz wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

YOU CALL GM OR FORD AND ATTEMPT TO DIAGNOSIS YOUR VEHICLE OVER THE PHONE AND GET PARTS. REPORT BACK. HWH IS NOT IN THE BUSINESS TO TELL RETAIL CUSTOMERS HOW TO FIX AND TO SELL PARTS. THEY DO THAT AS A CONVIENANCE. PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE PROFESSIONALS LIKE ME HAVE TO WAIT FOR PHONE TIME. Doug

"professionals like you...right" Little hubris going on, do we?

I don't know you, and I have no way to know if you're capable of dealing with HWH jack system problems, so there's that. What I DO know is that there's no one I can call in my area I can trust to do knowledgeable repairs on my HWH RV system.

"Take it to a dealer", you might say. Sure - and be ready for them to park it out on the "Back 40" for 3 months, then put their minimum-wage teen-age wonder with his power driver on it, and then, STILL, screw it up. Not happening.

I don't call "GM or Ford" for service issues because AUTOMOTIVE dealers are EXPECTED and REQUIRED by manufacturers to take care of problems. Comparing the automobile industry to the RV industry is apples to oranges, and YOU KNOW THAT. Once an RV leaves the factory, it's on it's own, maintenance-wise - FACT.

Your attempts to paint RV owners as clueless and helpless are less than helpful. Many of us know a lot more about our own RVs than dealers do, and trying to get any technical or service help from dealers with most of the systems in our RVs often end up a frustrating, time-consuming, and expensive dry hole.

In many instances, our only recourse with service-related issues IS to directly contact the manufacturers, and YOU know that. It's a totally different ballgame from the automotive situation.

Lastly, I've been here long enough to have seen many of your posts. I'm not sure what you think you're accomplishing here, but my impression is that your objective is to denigrate RV owners. You can guess what I think of that attitude.

I too have read many of Doug's responses and appreciate his knowledge and the accurate "to the point" responses, unlike many of the misleading guesses from novices that seem to pop up in response to people's serious questions when trying to solve a problem.

I agree that the current HWH business process/consumer support is broken. I carry a 6ft 2x4 to assist my one jack as I've been waiting for replacement springs for a long time.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Racklefratz

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/22 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Your grim narrative is not the experience I've had owning several types of RV's in different states dealing with different dealers. I think Doug is spot on. Most times it's all about how you approach things.

Well, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

But where ole "Doug's" concerned, I stand by what I said - every time he posts, I keep seeing him trying to blame owners for the problems they come here asking for help with, and I don't appreciate that kind of attitude. It's not helpful, no matter how much "experience" he brings to the table.

Racklefratz

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/22 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

I too have read many of Doug's responses and appreciate his knowledge and the accurate "to the point" responses

Well, all I can say is the you and I see Doug's participation here differently. I see his posts as unfairly critical of owners who may very well be quite capable of dealing with their RV maintenance issues, if they could just get a little support from the relevant systems manufacturers, who in many cases, fail in that regard.

And, his comparison with the automotive industry, "call Ford or GM to try to get help", is lame beyond description. It's apples-to-oranges on steroids. So, there's that.

Shot-N-Az

Just South of DC

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/22 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jesus, dont be such an ass. It’s not a good look. I have taken Doug to task a few times over the years, but in this case, he is absolutely correct.

oldave

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/22 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Racklefratz, I can feel your frustration and anger. You obviously know who Doug is and that he has 40 yrs in the industry so I'm sure he knows a thing or two about RVs. Maybe you do too, we don't know. Now I will agree that Doug is not always as tactful as one might want, but he does share his knowledge and has a right to his opinion. Having been in business I can attest that some customers can wear on you, and some have an exaggerated idea of their importance and cannot be satisfied. That's not to say each one is not important. Companies have their struggles too, primarily to survive and be profitable. Anyway, we all know that the world is screwed up right now in just about every way possible. IMHO politics are primarily responsible for most of it. It's never going to be perfect and might not ever be halfway normal again unless voters come to their senses. In the meantime all we can do is deal with life as it comes, and be thankful we don't live somewhere like Ukraine.

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/22 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oldave wrote:

and be thankful we don't live somewhere like Ukraine.

And if I might add...be thankful that we have posters like Doug with gobs more experience than any of us could ever HOPE to have, and be willing to spend some of his spare time sharing his knowledge and "inside information" with us and helping us out.

I don't need things sugar-coated. When I have a problem I need to know how to find a solution to my problem, and Doug has helped many of us on here over the years doing exactly that. Myself included.

Doug, hopefully you're still reading this thread. Please let me say again, thank you for your help! [emoticon]

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (26-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (21), 2 boys (22 & 19).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> HwH is getting Ridiculous
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.