|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Bed liner

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Road Runners

Tampa Bay, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/02 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto LLeopold. Mine is not a Rhino lining, but my warranty is a lifetime warranty the same as yours.

Road Runners

Tampa Bay, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/02 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about this. It is a little more work but looks like it might be effective. Install the hitch; then take the bolts out that secure the rails to the frame. Take out the rails and have the liner sprayed in. Then, reinstall the rails punching the bolts thru the sprayed in liner. That should provide a completly waterproof seal of the bolt holes.

LLeopold

Windsor, CO USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/02 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's exactly my situation, but purely by accident. When I first bought the truck, I had the hitch installed the same day by the same dealer. I had the Rhino Lining sprayed in two weeks later after removing the rails and then reinstalling them after the spray in. To date, I've seen no problems with this, but as was stated, it was extra work.

Lou Leopold
Between RVs at this point
but I continue to tent camp!

Charles G.

Gastonia, NC

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/02 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Lin-x and I love it!

As for the liner before the hitch, Install hitch first. You CANNOT mantain the toque of the hitch bolts with the liner between them. That will cause extra sheer stress to be placed on the bolts. Most people may never have a problem, but do you want to be the first?

Plus, if you ever remove the hitch, the bed liner installer can fill in the area with the liner for little or no cost to you.

Itza

Rolla, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/02 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just had the Rhino sprayed in my truck bed. The RV dealer suggested having the hitch holes drilled, plugged (I.e. wood dowl) then sprayed. Did this and not problem with the holes for the hitch. Dealer even cleaned up the holes with a drill.

If I may, Rhino does have a lifetime warranty and free repair but "ONLY WITH THE ORGINIAL DEALER". The warranty is a dealer warranty. If you are on the road and want to get it repaired, you are at that dealers whim as to what he charges you. Mine said he charges for the cost of material but others will also charge a partial labor fee like $10 - $20.

I went with Rhino vice Linex for couple of reasons, more on this website seemed to like it, I did a "touchy-feely" and thought the Rhino the was better for my purposes and, the dealer is local.

Ole Ed from MO

A great wife of 40 yrs

Marine Vietnam Vet

Retired Army
-------
2008 Ford F350, V10, King's Ranch
EXCEL 30SKW
Stratos 201 Pro XL Bass Boat

What more can a man ask for -- A great wife and a bass boat....

CCaron

Gardner, MA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/02 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked into both Rhino and Line-x and went with Line-x because Rhino is sprayed in cold and slumps and runs when applied, most of the material goes between the ribs where you don't need as much protection. Line-x is sprayed in hot and dries in 2 to 3 seconds.

I was also worried because Rhino is soft that if you were using a shovel you would dig into it an dig it out. I saw an older truck that had Rhino and it didn't hold up well, in fairness I haven't seen an older truck with line-x.

Cliff

2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT, Crew Cab, Long Box, Duramax/Allison, Pewter Metallic, Reese 20K, Prodigy, Line-X

For Sale:
2001 HitchHiker Premier Wide Body 33.5 RKTG Triple Slide

CPC

San Fernando Valley, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/02 08:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what it's worth I too went with the Rhino and am happy with it. I checked with both Reese (hitch mfg.) and Rhino Liner and they both said to have the truck bed sprayed first.

cmoehle

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/02 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would venture to say that most of the pros and cons of Rhino vs Line-X really have to do with installers and the quality of the work they do, and whether the dealer stands behind their work. On that score, advise inspecting finished jobs.

*This Message was edited on 17-Sep-02 09:31 AM by cmoehle*

CampfireSoapbox.com

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Bed liner
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.