|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Grizz Grumbles about Dump Stations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
tfunkhou

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/27/03 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grizz,

I have a question about your point #4 above. I am new to RVing and have dumped my tanks a total of about 10 times(always at my campsite so far). My normal procedure is to dump my black tank, then run the water hose through the window to refill my tank to 3/4 to flush the tank out really well. Then I dump the gray, flush the lines etc.

I think I have my procedure down pretty well and can do it now in 45 minutes. Do you think what I am doing is overkill (with the second fill/dump) and taking too long. Is the expectation of a line up dump station to just dump and get out?

Thanks,
Tom

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/03 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe grizz has a different answer, but here's my take...

45 minutes is way too long. If you need to flush your black tank try this:

Dump black. When dry, disconnect (pull out) hose from dump connection at ground. Leave black valve open. Take water hose and begin filling dump hose, holding hose higher than black. Water will run back into black. After a few gallons of water, lift hose up and down to slosh water in black. Then carefully and quickly place hose back into dump hole. You can repeat this several times in just a few minutes.

Problem with dumping is, most people leave at the same time, usually in the morning, and nobody's gonna be happy waiting 45 minutes.

*This Message was edited on 27-May-03 09:22 PM by hemsteadc*

grizz272

frozen tundra, WI

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/03 10:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tfunkhou
Think about it. The water for cleaning at the dump station is not usable for humans it is nasty stuff. Do you want your sinks washed with that stuff? I don't. As far as time goes I dumped both tanks and was out of there in under 5 minutes. The time spent at the dump station will be determined by how big your tanks are. Having your wife scrubb the sinks should already be done before you get there or at home.

Eddie49N123W

Beautiful British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/03 11:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grizz - You have GOT to be kidding. I'd have been ready to flatten her.

We are Class C newbies and I had the good fortune to be draining my tanks for th efirst time just 3 weeks ago. I was relived when I was the only one around at the dump station for my first try at it.

I donned my disposable rubber gloves, whipped out the sewer hose, plopped it onto the valve, let 'er rip from the black, inserted the fresh water hose into the 'black tank flush' valve for a minute or two, then I let the grey water rip. Then I flushed the sewer hose with the fresh water and put it away.

This probably only took 10 minutes - and I was a newbie. Am I missing something as compared to a possible 45 minutes???

-------------------------------------------------------
1999 22' Slumber Queen Class C on Ford E350 Triton V10.
Wayne & Lorie and our Black Lab; Maggie

rvhank

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/03 06:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably the same person that drives five miles an hour under the speed limit in the left lane; plugs the gas nozzle in and goes shopping. Self centered and oblivious to the fact that there may be someone else in the world.

I need another infusion of patience because mine is about gone.

'03 Adventurer 33V
'03 Saturn ION w/Ready Brake
Darcy & Hank

grizz272

frozen tundra, WI

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/03 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I noticed when we left the campground some one ahead of us was leaking something. We pulled into a gas station tourist trap and there was the swimming lady closing the black and gray tank valves and and putting the cap on her sewer connection. She had driven about 35 miles draining the residue c@#p on the road.
Some people should be kicked.

Black Hawk

Black Hawk SD Native / Yuma AZ Foothills

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/03 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boat ramps Or dump station 1 folding chair 1 beer and a couple hrs to watch what fun.

96 Safari

just_dave

Bay City, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/03 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grizz,

I would have been tempted to throw that GMC 2500HD 4X4 EC SB Duramax/Allison into 4x4 low an push her rig right outta the way...

Jon W.

Knoxville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/03 01:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are those folks graduates of Stupid University?

Capt. Caper

CapeCod

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/03 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good post Grizz

Reminds me of the boat ramps I've been too on the Cape, especially on an hot July weekend.

2011 F350 Super Duty,SRW, 6.7 PowerStroke,Crew Cab,Lariet,4x4, 3.55 Locking Diff ,Short Box.Timbrens,Happy Jack's, Gator Guard bed liner, Penda bed mat.
2012 Lance 855S 9K Coleman A/C,Duel Batteries

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Grizz Grumbles about Dump Stations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.