|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Grizz Grumbles about Dump Stations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
grizz272

frozen tundra, WI

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/03 11:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately there was a 30'class C in front of me. Remeber the guy that used the sewer clean out water to have his wife clean the sinks.

just_dave

Bay City, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/03 12:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ahhh, I see you're dilema. Probably not enough room to push both of them outta the way!

Frankjake

Ventura

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/03 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe the next time some of you see something like this happening, you will go over and offer some assistance as to the correct procedure. There are a lot of idiots out there, especially RVers or so it seems from the comments on this forum. It wouldn't hurt you to help them out instead of watching a potential health hazzard!

Wic

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/03 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HEAR HEAR to the disposable gloves. Be sure to learn how to property remove the soiled gloves so as not to contaminate your hands, etc. Also the gloves shold be SECURELY disposed of. Don't want to see some 5 year old tyke playing doctor or nurse with them after you have discarded. Foot ware is also an issue. If the dump site looks contaminated I evaluate the possability of another site initially and if that is not possible I have an old pair of cut off rubber boots that I use. After the job, they get liberally sprayed with bleach soluton and tucked back into their very own plastic pale with a lid. Needless to say, the process of puttong on and taking off the boots is done gloved.
This is perhaps overkill however, I am exposed to very little risk and I am extremely unlikely to come down with some nasty and persistent ailment that would likely wreck a whole bunch of camping time!

Vic, Brenda and Milo the 10 year old seal point queen.
'87 Winnebago Chieftain - 30'

Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
">

Admiral

Upstate Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/03 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why does your black water tank have to be spotlessly clean each time you dump? You're only going to fill it up again the next time. While dumping, my wife flushes two toilets of water throught the tank. She then adds some chemical and another few gallons through the toilet when I tell her the valve's closed and the grey is dumping. I've never taken more than 10 minutes and never had a problem with odor.

Leighj

Aurora, CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/03 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wait, these must have been the same people that we stumbled upon this weekend! Maybe after she left the RV sitting in the dump line, she hopped on a boat and joined her friends. We had packed up the RV and were taking a last cruise on the lake and saw that it was nearing the time to check out of the campground. As we pulled the boat up to the dock at the boat ramp, which is supposed to be load/unload only, two boats were tied off, therefore rendering one side of the dock useless! The park ranger was quickly on the scene and explained that a tie-off of 10 minutes was acceptable. About a half hour later (thanks to the huge traffic jam), the guilty party sashayed down the boat ramp, clearly not seeing a problem. They sure did act annoyed with the ticket from the ranger, though! People like that will never learn.

Gadget

The Chihuahuan Desert, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/03 01:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It must be brain damage. There is just no other way to explain such behavior.

Florida Cracker

Titusville FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/03 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a simple solution for speeding things up at the dump station, Hook up your hose before you leave the site and when you get to the DS just dump the black then the gray and leave the hose hooked up while you pull forward out of the way and then unhook it and put it away. I never need more then a few Minute's to dump.

On edit I guess my method will only work if you have your dump valves in a compartment, I didn't mean you should drive off dragging the hose[emoticon]

*This Message was edited on 18-Jun-03 02:57 PM by Florida Cracker*

Bill

(And one spoiled rotten little dog)

Zig

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/03 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Setting up lawn chair at boat ramp..."funny", setting lawn chair up at dump station..."sick".
[emoticon]

Better to Zig then Zag!
Go To "MY PICTURES"
My other Pictures and add a Comment!

efelker

Alexandria VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/03 10:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find myself making the following statement far too many times, but...

The gene pool is in some dire need of chlorine.

Let's advocate for IQ tests as mandatory entry into an RV lot. Guess if common sense were "common" we'd see it more commonly. There's an excuse for ignorance-- it's called education. There's no excuse for being inconsiderate.

... and I love the flat tire remedy -- cruel but effective.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Grizz Grumbles about Dump Stations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.