|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Insurance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Insurance

> Slight Concerns with Good Sam GMAC

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
towman2277

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 04:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The friend will probably be deemed liable due to a wiring problem that he created with the vehicle, as he had several small wires hooked up to the battery, supplying power to speaker amps, etc. I'm not the one to judge if he's liable or not. I'm not even throwing stones at him either. I just wanted to get some opinions on the insurance side of this, and if anyone has dealt with a similiar situation before, thru GMAC GS. I have found several comparable rv's like ours, the majority being in the $8500-$12,500 range. I was hoping someone knew a little about GMAC's policy in determining RV values.

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/12 05:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not to sound too cynical, but most insurance companies are obliged (to their stockholders) to pay as little as they can...use of the NADA guide is standard procedure.

That having been said, in most cases, if you can PROVE a higher value, you'll get paid a higher amount. (Unless your policy says otherwise, of course). Don't be afraid to dispute their offer if you think it's too low, but do be prepared to prove your case. That's what we did, and there really wasn't any argument at all. They just looked at our proofs and paid accordingly.

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

BFulcher

Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Towman2277,

I am sorry for your loss and the concerns that you are having.If you email me directly with your details, including policy number, I will check with GMAC to make sure they are aware of the possible issues with the valuation of your RV. Please email me at bfulcher@campingworld.com .

Bob Fulcher

Vice President, Insurance Services

towman2277

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just sent you an email. Of course, I was offered way less than what I (and what the book value says on nada) would believe it to be worth. I was hoping with insurance, that I could get a comparable rv like mine when it's all said and done. Thanks for any help.

klm

SIOUX FALLS, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/12 08:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

can the neighbor's homeowners insurance be used?

'02 KOUNTRY STAR DP
2012 HONDA FIT "PUMPKINMOBILE"
GILLIGAN- 1ST MATE CAT - 3 HR TOUR

towman2277

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 09:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm pretty much on my own for all of this. Not by choice from me or the neighbor, but by simple finances. They don't have homeowners.... they are on diability with very limited funds. Me and my family sold our home in the middle of town, and bought this older, country home with lots of land. I'll never go back to the city lol! These are our neighbors that live on the other side of an 80 acre hill. The young man involved (if deemed liable) would have to make a long term, small payment commitment. He just got a decent job, and is strugglng himself.

towman2277

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/12 03:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got off the phone with my adjuster. I'd like to end this thread with saying thanks to everyone involved in helping me to get this matter resolved, in a way that is pleasing to me and my family. GMAC GS has stepped up and made us feel like this is resolved to our benefit and satisfaction. I'd like to thank BFulcher (member on this great site) for the help in this matter, and please keep up the good work. ;-) Thanks Everyone! Steve

athenaemerson

Elk

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/12 11:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is not easy to sell and especially after the damage, I don’t see you getting a better deal. Your RV insurance must have been quite low since it qualifies as a classic car according to the AARP.

RockDodger

Northeast Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/12 04:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

towman2277 wrote:

Maybe someone can help with a few small questions.

I have a 1988 Holiday Rambler 33' Imperial, currently insured thru GMAC GS.

Wow, how did you even get that? I was rejected because my TT is more than 12 years old (1987), although the amount of work I have done on it makes it worth about $10,000.

Terry & Marsha
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, V-6, 4WD
1987 Sunline Satellite, 20', Reese anti-sway

Northeast Illinois

Admin

Channel Islands Harbor, Ca.

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/12 02:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

towman2277 wrote:

Just got off the phone with my adjuster. I'd like to end this thread with saying thanks to everyone involved in helping me to get this matter resolved, in a way that is pleasing to me and my family. GMAC GS has stepped up and made us feel like this is resolved to our benefit and satisfaction. I'd like to thank BFulcher (member on this great site) for the help in this matter, and please keep up the good work. ;-) Thanks Everyone! Steve

Closed

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Insurance

> Slight Concerns with Good Sam GMAC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Insurance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS