|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rhino Vs LineX

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
was_FunCruiser

Cyberspace

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm ready to get a liner... My last dually had a LineX brand and I was happy with it. I don't want a plastic thingy, so I'm soliciting information on the Rhino.... It would be nice to hear from anyone that has had both.

bluenote

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 08:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn't actually have a Rhino-Liner, I had the Ziebart before they took over Rhino. In talking with a Ziebart guy while shopping for the liner in my new truck, I was told that the old Ziebart and the Rhino were very similar, but there were minor differences in the mix. I was pleased with the Ziebart liner. It looked the same as the Rhino liners I saw at the time. This time around, I went with Line-X. I liked the look better, and the higher tensile strength allows it to be put on thinner. Also, Line-X is covered by a nationwide warranty, versus a dealer warranty with the Rhino. They are both good, and it comes down to the local shop that applies them. The Line-X guy in my area does a fantastic job, and after one look at his work, I made an appointment. Good luck with your choice!

was_FunCruiser

Cyberspace

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 08:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, BN, I was hoping for a report from a person having had both. I appreciate your feedback!!

BTW, I'm from Jackson, where do you hail from?

kikgas

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one of each. I had the Rhino liner sprayed on my F-150 about two years ago and it has held up very well. I've done a lot of hauling and there isn't a single gouge or cut in it.

I just had Line-x sprayed on my new dually and I prefer the looks of it over the Rhino. The Rhino looks "lumpy" and the black has faded somewhat over time. The Line-x liner seems to be much more uniform in it's coverage.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but at the moment, I prefer the Line-x.

2002 Chevy 3500 Black Onyx Crew Cab Dually Duramax/Allison, Juiced!
2003 Keystone Cougar 281 EFS (Bunkhouse)

texatDurango

Show Low, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/02 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I currently have the LineX in my 2002 truck and had the Rhino in my 2000 truck.

Now that I have had time to appreciate both, I wish I had sprayed the Rhino in the new truck as well but I was concerned about the "spongy feel" and keeping torque on the 5er hitch bolts.

The one thing I really miss about the rhino is the softness when you need to move about the bed, the LineX is like sandpaper. It's a lot easier for a fat guy to slide around rather than having to pick yourself up and move a few inches at a time. My side rails pick up all the tiny white fuzzies when I wash the truck with one of those cotten mittens and dry it with a towel.

2006 Duramax Diesel 1 ton dually tugging around a 2006 Mobile Suites 36TK3 #2609. Retired and just travelling around now and then seeing the sights.

was_FunCruiser

Cyberspace

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, the Line-X is heck on the knees [emoticon]

Thanks for your input my friend, and happy camping!

*This Message was edited on 26-Jun-02 09:09 PM by Dually-Daddy*

was_FunCruiser

Cyberspace

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 09:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, Kick@$$, it begs the question... "Juiced?" I know that means NOS for my Camaro, but a dually (propane?)?

NH_Bob

Nashua, NH

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've rhino, and was worried about the 5er bolt-down issue mentioned here, too. Asked the dealer/installer, and he just looked at me, and said "don't know how these hitches are put in, huh?" I sed...well...
He said lokka here: we're half way into this one, and see how the rail is bolted to the frame? The bed isn't even in the picture, structurally. We bore a hole thru the bed, and the stand-off tube is what is between the bolt, the frame, and the nut on the bottom. Yeah, the truck bed, and liner are there, but they just float, or bend a tad, determined by the stand-off tube length." So...the rails would be just as secure in an install with no bed at all, a bed with rhino, a bed with plastic liner, or a bed lined with velveeta." So I sed "Oh" and now never give it a second thought. JMO, but I think he had the right concept.
BTW, I'm pretty pleased with the Rhino; it's plenty tough, and makes for a quiet run with that 3/8" bottom thickness.

*This Message was edited on 26-Jun-02 09:22 PM by NH_Bob*

Bob & Marty Howe Full-time Street People">
2002 Cougar 286efs 5er, 2000 F250SD 4x4/sc/sb/V-10, rhino-lined; Valley/Husky 16K slider; Jordan 2020 Ultima b/c; 2 Honda EU2000's; 4 T-105's; TM500A BatteryMonitor; rewiring for 50amp. Now with SUREflo Sensor 5.7 pump. Mobile internet via PCS Vision/Toshiba 2032pocketPC and/or N400

New Drainpipe Setup

Howe's HondaBox (final version)

Prototype (banana) HondaBox

Honda's Pricey Box

Banana vs Walmart Cord: My Polarity Concerns

DuckButt Fix for Bare Connector Concerns

Honda Sound Level Tests

DIY Shore Cable/Receptacle, 30A-50A Rewire

In the Works: Adding Tank Heaters & BellySkin

was_FunCruiser

Cyberspace

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Velveeta [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon] ROTFLMAO!!! Thanks Bob!!! I needed that tonight. Have a great night friend (or is it morning back east?)!!

*This Message was edited on 26-Jun-02 09:29 PM by Dually-Daddy*

cmoehle

San Antonio, TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/02 10:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whoa! Now that's interesting. I'm curious, Bob, if that's the case, then why does everyone, from Reese to Camping World, etc., insist that you can't install a 5er hitch over a plastic "drop in" bedliner? Is that another RV myth, do you suppose?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rhino Vs LineX
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.