RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Typical Discount from MSRP on new Class "C"???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Typical Discount from MSRP on new Class "C"???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
GlenF

Prescott Valley, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/06 08:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know that new Class "A" diesel pushers are discounted at least 25% off of MSRP. What discount can I expect on a new, quality, 2006 Class "C"? How about a new 2005 Class "C"?

Glen R. Fotre - Prescott Valley, AZ
2000 Itasca 31T/1993 Toyota 4x4 Xtra Cab/1998 Toyota RAV-4 AWD/2006 Mazda3 Five Door
FMCA #F36478 Good Sam #043833367
glen@ccim.net

Westronics

Redmond, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/06 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can expect a 20%-30% discount. 20% is pretty good, 30% is outstanding.

Expect the higher end of that for a 2005.

2002 Jayco Greyhawk 24SS, Camera, ScanGauge, Inverter, Airtabs, Portabote, SeeLevel II, Tireman valves, Xatnrex Battery Monitor, Aero-flo vent, Trik-L-Start, XPS Rib, Chains, Lil' Stanker, Be kind to septic systems Ford: 1-800-444-3311. RV Tires

Jkramer

Petaluma, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/06 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think a lot it is dependent on how long the unit has been sitting in dealer inventory. If the dealer's been paying flooring on the unit, the flooring charges start getting pretty high over time and they are much more willing to "dump" the unit for little to no profit just to recover costs.

I bought a brand new, 2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS this past weekend for 26% off MSRP. The unit had been in inventory since November 2005 and it was "time to go".

Right now is a good time to be looking. You will likely find a number of units that have been in dealer inventory since last calendar year.

hasbeen

Everett, WA.

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/06 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bigfoot seems to be stuck at the 20% range- nice units.

driveby

Vancouver BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/06 09:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would say a dealer is more willing the longer the unit is around with the exception of maybe right now. People's minds are opening up to summer plans. If you don't buy today the odds are more likely this time of year that someone else will walk in the door. At least better odds than December. Having said that it wouldn't stop me from starting really low and coming in preapproved, all parties ready to sign (IE you and the DW if that is how it works). Bird in the hand with cash and serious is better than a future prospect. The reaction to your price will give you an idea of how much he really wants to unload the unit. As always be prepared to walk, sales people count on emotions overrunning logic. If you walk and you he knows you are ready to buy/qualified, AND the dealer wants to move that unit you'll get a call a day or two or an hour or two after you walk. If not then the deal is not to be. They key to a really good price IMHO is be serious and qualified. Too many people are just fishing (myself included on many occasions). When I'm serious and qualified to buy I let the salesperson know. That will help the negotations along immensely.

2008 Itasca Sunova 35J Class A
1997 TJ Sahara, hard and soft tops and AC
Held together via Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar and stopped by US Gear Unified Brake system.

AndyAmes

Southwest Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/06 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered the Orderdirectrv.com and got 28% off the MSRP and it comes straight from the manufacturer. The Class C that I orderd was a 2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS.

Ayden

San Jose, Ca, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/06 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree w/ Westronics. Bottom line you should get at least 20% or else walk.

However, I don't know if the same can be said for Bigfoot, Lazydaze, and Bornfree coachs. I have read of only forum member getting a 20% or greater off of MSRP, but this doesn't seem to be too common for these highend models.

Are you going to get rid of your Beaver? That's a sweet line and you have in the year before Monaco bought them, so it must be really awesome, unless you're suffering from the front axle weight issues that some folks were having.

Regards,

GlenF

Prescott Valley, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/06 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ayden asked "Are you going to get rid of your Beaver"?. Yes, we want to downsize. We are seriously looking at Big Foot. Anyone want to buy a Beaver?

Lawman5383

Cypress, TX

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/06 11:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Jayco 3100 SS we have on order we got for almost 29% off MSRP with shipping factored in to the deal. If you look hard and are patient you can find something closer to 30%, but as mentioned above the Bogfoots, Lazy Daze and Bornfree's are little different scenario.

2007 Cedar Creek Silverback 33LBHTS 5th Wheel
2007 Ford F350 SRW 6.0 PSD Crew Cab FX4 Reese 18K Signature Series 5er Slider Hitch
Allen the Dad, Robin the Mom, Maddy 6, Josh 4, and Rusty the meanest 15 lb Cairn Terrier Puppy ever.

CharlesOK

Edmond, OK

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/06 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Factory-direct RV's are sold for what ever you can negotiate based on factors probably never known by the general public. Mass-Produced units are usually priced using a factor of 1.4, unless the Factory sticker has been artificially inflated. What this means is if a unit has an MSRP of $140,000, before shipping and any other costs are added, such as shop time, washing, floorplan financing and such, would have a dealer cost of approximately $100,000. Of course there are factors we will never be privy to such as special rebates for buying more than one unit at a time or chassis manufacturer rebates. Rule of thumb. Carry a small calculator in your pocket to any show or lot. Look at the bottom line on the sticker, divide by 1.4 and you have very close approximation of Dealer Cost. Add back $5K to this figure and MOST dealer's will be happy to do the deal. Always remember the man with the GOLD gets the goods. You have money, or the ability to get it or you would not be looking at RV's. Money does not eat, it does not require finance payments until it is used to pay for something. They wan't your money more than you want there RV, TRUST ME on that. Any good dealer will take a 5K deal and get on down the road. Try a 5K deal at Lazy days, I assure you you will have a new RV faster than you think. So that new XYZ 300 that has all the bells and whistles and a sticker in the window of $78,200 can be bought all day for $55,857 plus 5K anywhere. Many dealers will go for 3K if the deal is clean, no trade. From experience, when they quote your Trade-in value, they will figure on having to carry "old Betsy" for at least one season, and that means floorplan financing on your trade. If its NADA is 38K clean, they won't put more money into it, than they figure they will get back worst case, a year from now. That 38K will cost 3K floorplan if they sit on it for a year and during that year the value will drop another 4K to 6K so you will be offered 29K for your trade in, in real dollars. Unfortunately these figures are based on multiple personal experiences. People who know these little truths, are not so inclined spend more than needed and Salesman and Dealers can tell the difference in your attitude in a very short period of time. The best salesman will tell you "Ain't it purty, Don't you like it" and "Can't you just see yourself with the Grandkids sitting on that river bank, watching the sun go down" Honest, works more than you know.

* This post was last edited 03/08/06 06:39pm by CharlesOK *   View edit history

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Typical Discount from MSRP on new Class "C"???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.