Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close
Page of 273  
Prev  |  Next

Topic: Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

Posted By: PennyPA on 01/02/14 10:30am

The Miracle Grow is for our plants. And that's only part of our "stuff". We're fulltimers so everything we own goes with us...not counting the "stuff' we have in storage. And no, I don't know why we still have stuff in storage. One of these summer days, we'll get back to PA and clean that out, I guess.

COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

Posted By: Mr.Ðorfmeister on 01/03/14 04:40pm

Nice mod there PennyPA.

//Majk
Trailer: KABE Royal Hacienda 880 BTDL '07
Car: Dodge Nitro SLT 2.8CRD '09
Website: Ðorfmeister´s homepage (you will prodably dont understand a thing, it´s in swedish ">)

Posted By: Tennessee_Nomad on 01/04/14 07:02pm

My first two mods of the winter. Labor savers...

First, adapted a socket for the electric screwdriver to make cranking the stabilizer jacks much easier.
[image]

Second, replaced the manual jack with a spiffy new Atwood 3500lb electric model.
[image]

2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*

Posted By: BillB800si on 01/07/14 06:07am

Tennessee_Nomad wrote:

My first two mods of the winter. Labor savers...
First, adapted a socket for the electric screwdriver to make cranking the stabilizer jacks much easier.
Second, replaced the manual jack with a spiffy new Atwood 3500lb electric model.
================================

Both are good mod's but I did one better.
We just bought a 2014 trailer with electric/remote stabilizers & electric hitch jack.... [emoticon] [emoticon]
Happy trails,

Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

Posted By: Tvov on 01/07/14 06:12am

Hmm... I thought I was subscribed to this thread! Great stuff everyone!

Posted By: Aluminum Siding on 01/12/14 07:23pm

Travel Trailer Bunk Bed Rails.

I picked these up from a bunk bed store and cut em down. They already matched as far as the stain/color. The Ladders were purchased from the same store. I went through the plywood only on top and bottom of the bed with the brackets. Therefor I used boards on the bottom side to keep the bolts from pulling through. The brackets are from home depot and are 10 times stronger than they appear. I can stand on the bottom bunk pull hard and they hardly give at all.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 01/12/14 08:04pm by Aluminum Siding *

Posted By: pchartrand on 01/12/14 08:10pm

Very nice, installation looks great! That was a great idea to use the additional boards below the bunks for the bolts to have something thicker to grab onto. Well done!

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Duramax)

Posted By: pdmac1946 on 01/23/14 07:49pm

Needed grab bars in the standup shower in my TT. Didn't want to get involved in reinforcing the walls. Ended up getting two rv screen door grab bars, cut them down and mounted them on both sides to the metal frame of the glass enclosure about 30" from the floor. Drilled holes in bottom of each for drainage. Easy to grab and strong. Not expensive.

Posted By: balloonpilot on 01/24/14 08:11am

Travel Trailer Bunk Bed Rails.

I picked these up from a bunk bed store and cut em down. They already matched as far as the stain/color. The Ladders were purchased from the same store. I went through the plywood only on top and bottom of the bed with the brackets. Therefor I used boards on the bottom side to keep the bolts from pulling through. The brackets are from home depot and are 10 times stronger than they appear. I can stand on the bottom bunk pull hard and they hardly give at all.

cool mod!

My only concern would be someone getting scratched on the nut/end of bolt above the mattress.
I would suggest acorn nuts on the bolts for a smooth finish.

Posted By: PennyPA on 01/24/14 03:31pm

Why not cover those nuts with that plastic stuff you use on tool handles? You just paint it on.

Print  |  Close
Page of 273  
Prev  |  Next