RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Battery Code-Sam'sClub Energizer/Johnson Controls 6Volt EGC2

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Battery Code-Sam'sClub Energizer/Johnson Controls 6Volt EGC2

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
DryCamper11

Hartford

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 12:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone read the manufacturing date from the battery code on a Sam's Club Energizer/Johnson Controls 6 Volt EGC2 deep cycle? My wife asked the sales guy. He said they were all made in June 2012. The batteries have a round sticker marked "F2" I understand that's June 2012, but I also think that's a charge date sticker when recharged, which I think happens every 3 months. The numbers on the case all seem to start with the two digits "12". There's no letter in the code. I'm wondering if that's January 2012, or February 2011, or what? Maybe the sticker is the correct mfg date, as they were received from the Sam's club warehouse in June 2012 to the shelves of the local Sam' Club.

Still, I'd expect the imprinted code melted into the case (hard to read - it's formed with little imprinted dots melted into the case- like a dot matrix printer)to be the correct code, not a sticker that could be removed or damaged. Does anyone know?

In the Boonies!

mena661

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have Sam's Club batteries but mine had the date code imprinted in the battery case not on a sticker.

2009 Newmar Canyon Star 3205, Ford F53 V10
Trojan L16 6V's 740 Amp-hours

Popsie

Livingston, TX, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/12 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Suggestion: Take a sharp picture of the battery with markings, sticker, etc. along with a good image of your purchase receipt (both in the same picture). Then if you have an issue later on, you will have pretty good evidence of what you bought when.

DryCamper11

Hartford

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mena661 wrote:

I don't have Sam's Club batteries but mine had the date code imprinted in the battery case not on a sticker.

That's why I asked. Every battery I've purchased has the date code melted into the case, and it's always had one letter and one number. The number is the last digit of the year 9= 2009, 0=2010, 1=2011, 2=2012, etc. and the letter is the month it was manufactured. These batteries don't have that. They have a code melted in, but I can't interpret it. There's no letter code.

I've also seen round stickers with that code stuck on them, and I've read that it is stuck on when the battery has been sitting for 3 months, they recharge it and put that sticker on. I know these batteries were just delivered to the store, but don't know how long they sat elsewhere.

DryCamper11

Hartford

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 06:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Popsie wrote:

Suggestion: Take a sharp picture of the battery with markings, sticker, etc. along with a good image of your purchase receipt (both in the same picture). Then if you have an issue later on, you will have pretty good evidence of what you bought when.

I've got the sales receipt and the markings that are melted into the case, whatever they mean. That should be enough for warranty claims. I'd just like to know how old they really are.

DryCamper11

Hartford

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/12 02:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've done some additional research, and found one report that Johnson Controls golf cart type 6 volt batteries don't stamp the date code into the case. According to this report, the case marking is solely for the production run on the case. The date code for the battery is supposedly stamped into the lead where the cable connects. I thought I'd looked the battery over closely, and don't recall seeing it, but I focused on the case, not the lead connection points. I'll double check tonight.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Battery Code-Sam'sClub Energizer/Johnson Controls 6Volt EGC2
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS