RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Hybrid Travel Trailers: Tacky lights/party lights

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

 > Tacky lights/party lights

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Jerry9n

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/27/12 11:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All58Parks wrote:

Seems to me that every rig I've ever seen closes their shades at bed time when in a campground. I like to take walks at night after the kids go to bed, and you just don't see windows with out shades down when they've turned in.

So, how is it that some guys awning lights are bothering people in the middle of the night?


Uh, sleeping under canvas? Spent 30 years in a PUP with no AC--need to have windows open, before that an Apache Chief. Son and daughter in law sleep in tent. No AC. Now I have AC, but still sleep under canvas which is white and lets light through.

In a crowded campground with a light show or porch light on 15 feet away from you at 2 in the morning, it becomes a matter of courtesy.

I do like seeing a variety of lights, tacky and otherwise, but anything bright should go off at a reasonable time in a mixed use campground, IMHO.

keatonb16

New Brunswick Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/28/2012

View Profile



Posted: 07/28/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SolidAxleDurango wrote:

Mr.Beebo wrote:

You can leave them on all night for all I am concerned. They are not scare lights. It isn't any of my business to tell you what I think you should be doing with your lights. JMHO.


Agree with this ^

Also, I refuse to stay at a campground where the spots are so close together, that someone's porch light or awning light is going to be a bother to me.


agreed x 2...

I have a 50 foot set of mini multi color led christmas lights that I string from tree to tree....they give off absolutely little to no light..so I leave them on from when I set up to when I go home...24/7..
you would have to be ready for the looney bin if these lights bothered anyone and the only thing important to me is that my wife and kids love them...and my porch light stays on as well...I am not stepping out in the middle of night in the dark to have a skunk at my feet...


2007 flagstaff 208
2010 Rav4 V6

keatonb16

New Brunswick Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/28/2012

View Profile



Posted: 07/28/12 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Skip78 wrote:

jake2250 wrote:

rustycopperballs wrote:

Quote:

I like them!!! Leave 'em burnin!! Those that don't can get blinders along with your ear plugs!! It is what it is!!! You wanna be amongst the stars?? BOONDOCK!!


I'm glad I'm not part of the me generation!!!!!


Again people!! IT'S camping!! We are all in a close living area, we are all there to have fun and enjoy our investments!!

I like to walk around the campground and look at what set ups everyone has!! I have seen some really elaborate stuff to some really basic camping essentials!!

If I choose to decorate with lights and accent my set up with lights thats my choice!!

I am not going to ruin my experience and ruin yours by getting mad at you because you choose to do the same!!

If you want twirly wind toys and plastic flamingos and simple little signs and lights that decorate the night....HAVE AT IT!!!

If you are going to have chest pain because I leave my step light on ALL night or use my awning lights or porch light PAST QUIET TIME?

Find another hobby or you will not live long enough to enjoy the rest of life!!

Really?? Lights??
I can see the issue of sound!! Music playing loudly or shouting and yelling after curfew, but a light sets you off??

Then as I stated earlier,,, GO BOON DOCKING, way off in the wood with no one to bother you!!!

If my generation does not let that stuff bother them.. Then I am GLAD I am NOT part of your narrow minded GENERATION!!!

PS,, I will leave a light on for you to enjoy!!! Feel free to knock on my door and tell me to turn it off!!

It will be a good way to meet the neighbors......

HAPPY CAMPING


Agree 100%. Our lights are on from the time we pull in till the time we break camp. But, we generally stay away from campgrounds that are "parking lots."



my sentiments exactly

rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

Senior Member

Joined: 01/30/2009

View Profile



Posted: 07/30/12 11:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoadLife wrote:

lol - I hate to admit it, but I really like 'em. I like walking a.round an RV park at night by the light of tacky lights. I also have a fetish for Pink Flamingos. Don't know why, but sometimes I like kitschy things. Don't own any yet, but you never know. ;-)


I'm bummed,,, my Pink Flamingos faded. Now I have almost white flamingos.

But then, what can I say? Guess I just like 'tacky'. But I also like 'Dark Skies', with or w/o optics.


Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

jake2250

Sacramento

Senior Member

Joined: 01/31/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/30/12 12:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rehoppe wrote:

RoadLife wrote:

lol - I hate to admit it, but I really like 'em. I like walking a.round an RV park at night by the light of tacky lights. I also have a fetish for Pink Flamingos. Don't know why, but sometimes I like kitschy things. Don't own any yet, but you never know. ;-)


I'm bummed,,, my Pink Flamingos faded. Now I have almost white flamingos.

But then, what can I say? Guess I just like 'tacky'. But I also like 'Dark Skies', with or w/o optics.


I have seen both Blue and Pink Flamingo's!! Best I have seen was some one made little plaid jackets for there's!

I plan to mod mine and add green LED lights in the eyes of mine!!

rehoppe

Denver & Nathrop Colo or somewhere else

Senior Member

Joined: 01/30/2009

View Profile



Posted: 07/30/12 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jake2250 wrote:

rehoppe wrote:

RoadLife wrote:

lol - I hate to admit it, but I really like 'em. I like walking a.round an RV park at night by the light of tacky lights. I also have a fetish for Pink Flamingos. Don't know why, but sometimes I like kitschy things. Don't own any yet, but you never know. ;-)


I'm bummed,,, my Pink Flamingos faded. Now I have almost white flamingos.

But then, what can I say? Guess I just like 'tacky'. But I also like 'Dark Skies', with or w/o optics.


I have seen both Blue and Pink Flamingo's!! Best I have seen was some one made little plaid jackets for there's!

I plan to mod mine and add green LED lights in the eyes of mine!!


Great idea. Maybe I can insert pink lights in the proper places and turn them pink again!

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

Senior Member

Joined: 08/24/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/30/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The very few occasions we go to a campground, I like to walk around and see others setups. I don't use them, but like looking at them. Don't like noise late, but don't mind the soft glow of lights at all.


1995 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2000 Arctic Fox 27-5L

SolidAxleDurango

OK, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/02/2003

View Profile



Posted: 08/01/12 04:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jerry9n wrote:

In a crowded campground with a light show or porch light on 15 feet away from you at 2 in the morning, it becomes a matter of courtesy..


Sounds like a miserable experience despite the lights and perhaps you just need something to blame for your dissatisfaction?


TV = 07 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / QC-LB / CTD / G56 / 3.73 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 )

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/01/12 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SolidAxleDurango wrote:

Jerry9n wrote:

In a crowded campground with a light show or porch light on 15 feet away from you at 2 in the morning, it becomes a matter of courtesy..


Sounds like a miserable experience despite the lights and perhaps you just need something to blame for your dissatisfaction?


since you don't have a hybrid, you may not understand how this affects hybrid or popup owners.
after all, this is being discussed on the Hybrid forum, not the other forums for other RVs.
trying to sleep in a canvas tent end, with bright lights on all night, that close, can be an issue.

that's why we rarely camp in such places and prefer state/national park campgrounds where you have more space and foliage to block out bright lights.


Dan- Firefighter, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP), 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS, 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes


Jerry9n

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/01/12 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You having a bad day too, bikendan?


Jerry9n
2009 23' Cikira Escape EXP
2006 Ford Expedition
Reese Pro Series SC
Tekonsha Primus IQ
HTT Mods


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

 > Tacky lights/party lights
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS